ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What happens in the Royal Mail on Sundays in 2018

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
ThankYouPosties

Post by ThankYouPosties »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the great work you do.

I would like some clarification if possible please.

I was hoping to know the status of Sundays within the Royal Mail at the current time ( Summer 2018 ).

I saw some articles about Sunday's, relating to the opening of 100 selected Delivery Offices, Sunday delivery of Parcels and Sunday processing of posting large parcels. These articles date back a few years, to the summer of 2014. And a trial of Sunday deliveries within the M25.

I am just wondering if anyone could clarify for me, as a customer, the current status of what happens on a Sunday.

I'm in London.

I see the 100 Delivery Offices mentioned in the 2014 press release on the RM website included Battersea, Croydon, Dagenham, Grays, Harrow, Uxbridge.

However having checked a few postcodes, I see some other Delivery Offices are open on a Sunday. For example Putney.

However, I don't know whether those 100 offices are offering a specific service, that others open on a Sunday do not. For example, is Battersea offering something that Putney is not, or are they both doing the same thing ?

I was hoping to understand the following.

Are there any mail boxes anywhere in London where there is a Sunday collection ( either officially or unofficially ). For example if I tried posting in the nearest postbox to Greenford or Feltham Centres ? Or Croydon or Mount Pleasant or Paddington or anywhere. I don't mind travelling .... !

Is there anywhere in London that I could post a " Large Letter " on a Sunday and that it would be processed and delivered on a Monday ?

Is there anywhere in London that I could post a " Small Parcel " on a Sunday, and that it would be processed in the system and delivered on Monday ?

Thanks for any help

Much appreciated !

Celgar

Post by Celgar »

I don't imagine there was that much of a response from posties if they were asked if they would like to work the seventh day as well as the remaining six days. Regarding Sunday collections there isn't that much mail posted into postboxes except at certain times of the year such as Christmastime. I find the majority of letters in postboxes are envelopes of the greeting card variety the majority of the year.
Before he threw his rattle out of the pram and left because we didn't agree with him David Cameron tried to bring in legislation to make Sundays an ordinary working day. Needless to say that idea was thrown out fairly guickly!! We are already at a situation where overtime rates are less than ordinary hourly rates - not sure how much further they think they can push it.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.