ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Jubilee Mail Centre

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
CarrieRedgewell

Jubilee Mail Centre

Post by CarrieRedgewell »

I have a tracked item (supposed to be) on its way to me FQ571055791GB which has seemingly been sat at the Jubilee Mail Centre since Thursday night. Does this mean it’s gone into a black hole, never to be seen again or should I be optimistic- it was RM24 service?

Also out of interest, anyway to tell the country of sender from the tracking number?

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Jubilee Mail Centre

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

It could be delayed due to the weather and time of year, some places have a backlog. However, I would have expected at least one other scan by now so I would contact customer service.
Also out of interest, any way to tell the country of the sender from the tracking number?
Yes, generally the last letters of the tracking number are country identifiers - so this originated in the UK. Some bulk ebay senders have fulfilment warehouses in the UK as opposed to their own country if you were expecting an overseas despatch.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
crubi

Re: Jubilee Mail Centre

Post by crubi »

I have three parcels, from three different senders, PZ868753938GB, GV574327318GB, PM818292368GB that have arrived at the Jubilee MC on 13 December, seven days ago, and although sent with Royal Mail 48 which should be delivered with in 2-3 business days, the parcels have not moved from there, it just says 'In Transit, Your item has reached Jubilee MC and will now be sent to your local delivery office'
One of the senders is telling me to consider that their parcel could be lost and to ask for a refund, but I do not want a refund, I want the item.
ROYAL MAIL can you get your act together and deliver please!
P13

Post by P13 »

crubi wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 11:36
I have three parcels, from three different senders, PZ868753938GB, GV574327318GB, PM818292368GB that have arrived at the Jubilee MC on 13 December, seven days ago, and although sent with Royal Mail 48 which should be delivered with in 2-3 business days, the parcels have not moved from there, it just says 'In Transit, Your item has reached Jubilee MC and will now be sent to your local delivery office'
One of the senders is telling me to consider that their parcel could be lost and to ask for a refund, but I do not want a refund, I want the item.
ROYAL MAIL can you get your act together and deliver please!
We are not Royal Mail
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

crubi wrote:
ROYAL MAIL can you get your act together and deliver, please!
Better contact Royal Mail then we are not an official site, it says that on EVERY PAGE but be polite it's not the individual's fault and if you approach them with an attitude they aren't going to do their best to help.

Also posties and call handlers are under immense pressure, you can't blame them for there not being enough resources in place.
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Woody Guthrie

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Yes, generally the last letters of the tracking number are country identifiers - so this originated in the UK
What I'm finding is that things aren't quite what they seem.
You might think that your item originated in the UK but what these sellers are doing is assigning its tracking number before it's even entered the country.

So I ordered a harness for my dog on 1st December, clicked on RM48 and got my tracking number through straight away.

Job done I thought, turns out it was on a slow boat from the Philippines and it didn't get handed over to RM for three weeks, just shown up at my local MC today.

Moral is swinging chain etc...
Only dead fish follow the current
IJF

Post by IJF »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 12:54
crubi wrote:
ROYAL MAIL can you get your act together and deliver, please!
Better contact Royal Mail then we are not an official site, it says that on EVERY PAGE but be polite it's not the individual's fault and if you approach them with an attitude they aren't going to do their best to help.

Also posties and call handlers are under immense pressure, you can't blame them for there not being enough resources in place.
I can't begin to imagine the pressure and stress of working in an under-resourced MC at this time of year, but I have just received the dreaded 'Your parcel has arrived at Jubilee MC' never to be seen again message for the third time in 5 weeks. One of these tracked 48 parcels was irreplaceable and very upsetting to lose. Nobody is trying to apportion blame here, but you could show some heart...
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

IJF wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 12:03
but you could show some heart...
We are and have been since March.

I was also polite if a little candid in my reply, perhaps responding in kind upset some. But at the risk of being frank again, if people want advice from posties who post on here in their own free time, then using the phrase "ROYAL MAIL can you get your act together and deliver, please!" and the general tone of the original post was perhaps not the best approach.
jennyr

Post by jennyr »

I have tracked parcel NV412317794 posted 1st class signed for December 11th and tracked to Jubilee Centre. Track and Trace tell me it is safe in Lewes where I posted it on 11th. Phone calls and emails give no information so what do I do - it is a one off parcel sent by my business. Please help. I know from running a business over 20 years that may of my lost deliveries have been found with a bit of persistence, so I hope this is true for this one.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

jennyr wrote:
23 Dec 2020, 11:00
I have tracked parcel NV412317794 posted 1st class signed for December 11th and tracked to Jubilee Centre. Track and Trace tell me it is safe in Lewes where I posted it on 11th. Phone calls and emails give no information so what do I do - it is a one off parcel sent by my business. Please help. I know from running a business over 20 years that may of my lost deliveries have been found with a bit of persistence, so I hope this is true for this one.
1st class signed for aren't tracked until delivery is attempted, apart from the acceptance scan, so on the face of it tracking is what we would accept.

However, Jubilee MC has been struggling all this month and I think the chances of it being delivered are still pretty good. I personally have seen stuff coming from jubilee taking a month, and I work for them :nervous :nervous

Just to alert you the tracking number given is incomplete.
sandco

Post by sandco »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 13:54
Yes, generally the last letters of the tracking number are country identifiers - so this originated in the UK
What I'm finding is that things aren't quite what they seem.
You might think that your item originated in the UK but what these sellers are doing is assigning its tracking number before it's even entered the country.

So I ordered a harness for my dog on 1st December, clicked on RM48 and got my tracking number through straight away.

Job done I thought, turns out it was on a slow boat from the Philippines and it didn't get handed over to RM for three weeks, just shown up at my local MC today.

Moral is swinging chain etc...
This happens to me as well. Ive ordered from china a lot of stuff and it seems that they either drop ship from people in the UK or the item gets sent to the UK warehouse by bulk and then a RM 48 is slapped on the package. But the RM48 code is assigned straight away.
Oly

Post by Oly »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
23 Dec 2020, 14:13
jennyr wrote:
23 Dec 2020, 11:00
1st class signed for aren't tracked until delivery is attempted, apart from the acceptance scan, so on the face of it tracking is what we would accept.

However, Jubilee MC has been struggling all this month and I think the chances of it being delivered are still pretty good. I personally have seen stuff coming from jubilee taking a month, and I work for them :nervous :nervous

Just to alert you the tracking number given is incomplete.
Hello is there still delays at jubilee Mail centre my special delivery was sent there Monday night and had still not left
Discolegs

Post by Discolegs »

Hi, I’d be interested to hear responses. I previously posted about my missing and valuable SD which is assumed to be held up in Jubilee MC since 28/11. Now with Chairman’s office being investigated but a whole bag of SD’s has vanished. Hope yours turns up soon 🤞🏻
KILLYWILLAN

Post by KILLYWILLAN »

Re: small parcel sized item sent to EDITED on 29th April from post office in Bellanaleck, Enniskillen, County Fermanagh. Enquiries with the Enniskillen Centre show me that the item got as far as Jubilee MC and stopped there. On the 30th April it says that it will be delivered on Tuesday 4th May at 3.00PM and on 1st May it was accepted at the mail centre automation with a Container ID 807330. It is vital that this parcel gets to its destination at EDITED . I have tried phoning and been on the phone for hours but without any satisfaction that this item will be looked for at the Jubilee MC and if it is not looked for it will not be found. Is this the standard we expect from Royal Mail. I am a personal customer - email is EDITED if anyone can give me any suggestions at all. The contents of this parcel are for a wedding and it is vital it gets there.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

First, I advise editing your post to remove your personal email address from what is, ultimately, a website on the open internet. If anyone needs to contact you they can post on here or use the PM function.

Second, do you have a specific question? There doesn’t seem to be one. Without a specific question or the full tracking information, there is very little of use that we can say about this.

It would also be helpful to tell us what is inside, so we can rule out contravention of the Dangerous Goods Act etc.