ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PARCLE DELIVERY TO NIGERIA

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Orchid123

Post by Orchid123 »

Hello Everyone,
Let me start by saying thanks for taking out of your precious time to read this post and assisting me in advance. Now, the matter at hand, my gf sent me a parcel from a post office in UK through Royal mail with the destination being Nigeria. its been posted since the 17th of this month and i am yet to receive it at my address here in Nigeria. when i used the tracking number provided by royal mail, this is what i read;

Latest update: It's on its way
Your item, posted on 17/10/16 with reference RUxxxxxxxxxGB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in NIGERIA.

In the case where the parcel won't be delivered to my door step, how do i know what post office to contact for pick up. I am very anxious as this is an important parcel for me. Thanks again for your time.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

It should be the same office that you collect your normal mail as Royal Mail tend to use the National Postal Service in countries outside Europe.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Orchid123

Post by Orchid123 »

Thanks for the reply, I'll contact NIPOST to hear what they say about the whole thing. I'll get back you guys with my findings.
Orchid123

Post by Orchid123 »

I also wanted to ask if I should expect the parcel to be delivered to my address or get prepared for a pick up.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Orchid123 wrote:I also wanted to ask if I should expect the parcel to be delivered to my address or get prepared for a pick up.
If you have home deliveries then they should try that first. If you don't and have to collect your mail then that will the same.
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Orchid123

Post by Orchid123 »

Good day people,
i just got off the phone with a NIPOST agent handing over my tracking number given to me by Royal mail. They were able to pinpoint what branch my parcel was being held at. i was told to go pick it up at the branch. Whats weird is that i was expecting the parcel to be delivered since i opted for international signed. But oo well i'm ok so far i get my parcel intact. I've sent my dispatch rider to grab it for me at the stated branch. I hope it all goes well and it gets to me safely.
Thanks for the support.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

International Signed always follows the normal arrangements for postal delivery in the destination country.
Olamide92

Post by Olamide92 »

Can I get the number of nipost office that can track my documents in Nigeria. I've been expecting it for the past 1 week
Temitope

Re: PARCLE DELIVERY TO NIGERIA

Post by Temitope »

Good afternoon my name is temitope balogun my girlfriend sent me a birthday gift parcel from UK to Nigeria since on the 2nd to Lagos elemoro police station I am yet to see the parcel I don't know how long I have to wait..I need someone to talk to please
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

What is the tracking number please?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Temitope wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 13:37
Good afternoon my name is temitope balogun my girlfriend sent me a birthday gift parcel from UK to Nigeria since on the 2nd to Lagos elemoro police station I am yet to see the parcel I don't know how long I have to wait..I need someone to talk to please
As far as I know, the postal service in Nigeria does not do door to door deliveries so you need to check with the office that deals with your address.
Omotola93

Post by Omotola93 »

Good day fam,

Please I need assistance with this tracking number RU782872690GB. My brother sent me a parcel from the UK via Royal Mail since on the 12th of Nov, parcel left UK on the 17th NOV. And till now I haven't gotten any relevant updates as the last update was on the 17th when it left UK. I have tried contact Nipost but all to no avail.

He paid for International Signed which I believe is between 5-7 working days. Till now I can't even track the exact location of my parcel

Please kindly assist me in track the parcel RU782872690GB as it's a very important one for me. Thank you
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

That's an "International Signed" it's not tracked or scanned once it leaves the UK.

As far as I know, Nigeria does not deliver it goes to Po Boxes.
Omotola93

Post by Omotola93 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 10:21
That's an "International Signed" it's not tracked or scanned once it leaves the UK.

If that is the case, So how do I know, if it has gotten to
Nigeria, cos I kept calling Nipost and their response was "It hasn't arrived Nigeria yet". It's over 11 working days now and I still can't pinpoint where exactly my parcel is. This is not fair, something needs to be done about it. The parcel is very very important to me.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Omotola93 wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 10:46
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 10:21

If that is the case, So how do I know, if it has gotten to
Nigeria, cos I kept calling Nipost and their response was "It hasn't arrived Nigeria yet". It's over 11 working days now and I still can't pinpoint where exactly my parcel is. This is not fair, something needs to be done about it. The parcel is very very important to me.
We aren't an official site so there is nothing that we can do.

However Royal Mail doesn't decide what service their customers use the customer does, they could have used International Tracked which is scanned throughout its journey.

But check with your local post office, or wherever your mail is usually delivered to.