ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PARCLE DELIVERY TO NIGERIA

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
PearlVision22

Re: PARCLE DELIVERY TO NIGERIA

Post by PearlVision22 »

Hi,

I’ve also made the mistake of sending a letter via Royal Mail using international signed. I was assured at the post office that they will deliver to the address but now I think that’s unlikely; there’s been no tracking update. This is also my first time sending post to Nigeria.

I’ve tried to call NIPOST but the numbers don’t work, tracking on the website does not work either.

Does anyone know what location Royal Mail delivers its post to in Nigeria? That could be a starting point for me.

The tracking number is:

RU871065222GB

It left the UK on the 30th

Anything will help please

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Nigeria (or NIPost) deliver to the closest Post office. They do not deliver to the actual address unless the resident has made special arrangements I believe.

Also, the reason for no tracking is that it's in Customs either in the UK or more likely Nigeria. Also, it's only been 4 working days so I wouldn't expect to see any movement in that timeframe. (Customs is counted as outside both countries)

Just to confirm you sent it International Signed, that's tracked in the UK but not overseas, it won't be scanned (and then able to be tracked) until it's been delivered to the PO, or collected, in Nigeria.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Loubyc123

Post by Loubyc123 »

I posted a tracked and signed parcel to Lekki on December 9th, it still has not updated from leaving the UK on Dec 10th.
NIpost told me it was still in transit 2 weeks ago, I tried them again 2 days ago but they have no responded since.
PearlVision22

Post by PearlVision22 »

So you’re saying there will be at least another update when it clears customs in Nigeria? Or if it does clear customers?

Also is Royal Mail happy with the way Nigeria handles its customers Mail? Seems to be an ongoing issue where many people have lost valuables.

Simply disallowing international signed will save customers and money; I for one will be pursuing compensation that is worth more than I paid for but ultimately is not worth the valuables I might loose.
Slysmile

Re: PARCLE DELIVERY TO NIGERIA.

Post by Slysmile »

Nigeria (or NIPost) deliver to the closest Post office. They do not deliver to the actual address unless the resident has made special arrangements I believe.
Hillary007

Post by Hillary007 »

Good morning I was supposed to receive my goods through royalmail since 7th of this month it left UK on the 2nd it says delivers to my door step please can anyone help me track it or how would I go about It tracking number RZ086205701GB