ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

HDNL and the competition.

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Broxi51

Post by Broxi51 »

white van man wrote:
IWW Fellow Worker wrote:
white van man wrote:thats nice of you
I'm a nice bloke. Is your van fireproof?
Its an ldv maxus and it aint mine so probably not. But its better than a bicycle
Probably better not to use a bicycle as your A*se will get burns from dragging along the road.
Is that more helpful advice for you.

pickaname

Post by pickaname »

Do you think DHL and TNT would tell me where to go if I were lost?

NO...'cause i know the location of every road, street and house in my 120,000+ pop city and dont need to ask.

Try getting a street map and learning the roads m8. Might take you 3-5 years though.
white van man

Post by white van man »

pickaname wrote:Do you think DHL and TNT would tell me where to go if I were lost?

NO...'cause i know the location of every road, street and house in my 120,000+ pop city and dont need to ask.

Try getting a street map and learning the roads m8. Might take you 3-5 years though.
Lets hope they decide to keep you.Your a real asset. I cover lots of routes covering most of east anglia SLIGHTLY MORE THAN 120000 houses.
IWW Fellow Worker

Post by IWW Fellow Worker »

white van man wrote:
IWW Fellow Worker wrote:
I'm a nice bloke. Is your van fireproof?
Its an ldv maxus and it aint mine so probably not. But its better than a bicycle

I've never set fire to a bike, so I wouldn't know how they compare, but the heat from your van should bring your daffodils up early.
The Industrial Workers of the World. The union whose members never scab!

"The working class and the employing class have nothing in common."
L Tommo

Post by L Tommo »

East Anglia...??? Ok so you rush around up n down the A12 then over the A47 Ohhhh the old carrot crunchers must have got used to such a service now old speedy white van man is about.... Ohhhhh If you delivered to a housing estate with piss and shite all over the place and ASBO kids wanting to cut you up and nick you mail Then u might see that a nice little poodle about in Constables country aint to bad ....

Well there is and are many reasons we Posties are striking and the fact we have been trained in the past for RM TO DOWN GRADE US and want part timers in our jobs.. But this should ring a few bells with the public!!! PART TIME WORK MEANS POOR SERVICE...

Its the goverment and RM and POSTCOMM that are ruining this service... The service we the posties gave over 350 years.... The best and one of the cheapest in the world.....

FACT.....

When in doubt of a place and your lost... ASK A POSTIE.......!!!

out :crazy:
L TOMMO.... ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM........

EAST LONDON MAIL CENTER-ISHHHH
vigilante

whitevanman

Post by vigilante »

MATE, PEOPLE ON HERE ARE REALLY UPTIGHT AT THE MOMENT AND PERHAPS YOU, LIKE THE PUBLIC, DO NOT UNDERSTAND.
THIS FORUM IS FULL OF ANGRY PEOPLE AT THE MOMENT.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR RESPECT FOR US BUT THESE ARE HARD TIMES AND IN SOME AREAS GETTING ANOTHER JOB IS NOT AN OPTION.
white van man

Re: whitevanman

Post by white van man »

vigilante wrote:

MATE, PEOPLE ON HERE ARE REALLY UPTIGHT AT THE MOMENT AND PERHAPS YOU, LIKE THE PUBLIC, DO NOT UNDERSTAND.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR RESPECT FOR US BUT THESE ARE HARD TIMES AND IN SOME AREAS GETTING ANOTHER JOB IS NOT AN OPTION.
Fully appreciate the situation but its no fault of people like me in similar jobs with a different ciompany, we have are own problems and a recent round of redundancies to deal with. Most posties i have come across are very decent people.
IWW Fellow Worker

Re: whitevanman

white van man wrote:
vigilante wrote:

Fully appreciate the situation but its no fault of people like me in similar jobs with a different ciompany, we have are own problems and a recent round of redundancies to deal with. Most posties i have come across are very decent people.
Are you in a union? Or are you a scab?

white van man

Post by white van man »

I'm a member with the T&G some of the other drivers are with usdaw.
IWW Fellow Worker

white van man wrote:I'm a member with the T&G some of the other drivers are with usdaw.
The T&G have never been too fussy who they have.

white van man

Post by white van man »

If you ask me they are rubbish, we have 60 drivers at are depot of which half are with USDAW and on different T&C's which are much better than t&g's.
Wild Cat

Post by Wild Cat »

Other businesses are free to compete with one another whereas RM is restricted in what it can and can't do and has a universal service obligation.

And then along come you guys cherry picking the best bits and leaving us with all the crap that we are obliged by law to deliver.

We then see you on the streets and are regularly asked to help direct you so that you can cherry pick even more business from us.

Come on mate see things from the other point of view and not just your own.
white van man

Post by white van man »

Wild Cat wrote:Other businesses are free to compete with one another whereas RM is restricted in what it can and can't do and has a universal service obligation.

And then along come you guys cherry picking the best bits and leaving us with all the crap that we are obliged by law to deliver.

We then see you on the streets and are regularly asked to help direct you so that you can cherry pick even more business from us.

Come on mate see things from the other point of view and not just your own.
I do see things from your point of view but its not me cherry picking business off RM i just deliver what i am given. And play fair are company gave you guys readers digest. On a personal level we are all employees of companies and not against each other despite what people at the top do.
Wild Cat

Post by Wild Cat »

The disgraceful way The competition exploit the universal service obligation can be summed up by the example of TNT taking the SKY magazine contract and when the realised they couldn't make a profit on it they dumped it back on us.

Can you blame us for being pissed off with the competition?

It is not against the workers but to help you work faster ultimately hepls your bosses bottom line.

It is a bit like inviting someone around for dinner after their brother has just burgled your house.
white van man

Post by white van man »

None of this anger should be directed at the people on the street, ie delivery drivers, we are only doing a job, and for a postie to say to another companies driver f**k off your the competition is nothing more than an act of frustration directed at the wrong person. It's a cut throat industry but we are nothing more than minions, i happily help a postie when they ask.