not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

Re: Intenrational postage stamps

28 Mar 2012, 10:11

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
shipmaster122 wrote:I've used 2x 1st Class stamps before for sending International postcards, and they got there fine.
can we have a picture of an international postage stamp please?

Image These apparently don't work in UK, had to write a surcharge card out the other day for a postcard being sent within the UK that had one of these stamps on :crazy:

28 Mar 2012, 10:15

Stormproof wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:
shipmaster122 wrote:I've used 2x 1st Class stamps before for sending International postcards, and they got there fine.

Image These apparently don't work in UK, had to write a surcharge card out the other day for a postcard being sent within the UK that had one of these stamps on :crazy:

surely they still have a higher value than a second class stamp so why would they not be valid ? is a european stamp valid for use in the uk ?

28 Mar 2012, 16:01

Stormproof wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:

My understanding is that these ARE valid inland up to 68p. :shock: .

28 Mar 2012, 16:23

Quite right, the value of the stamp is what counts with these things so if the stamp is worth 68p the fact it says Worldwide Postcard is irrelevant - it has a value of 68p and therefore it'll cover a flat 2nd class or if they add 7p more then 1st class. The postcard with it on should not have been charged, unless it was a *really* big postcard weighing over 100g which somehow I doubt!

28 Mar 2012, 16:25

adb2aber wrote:Quite right, the value of the stamp is what counts with these things so if the stamp is worth 68p the fact it says Worldwide Postcard is irrelevant - it has a value of 68p and therefore it'll cover a flat 2nd class or if they add 7p more then 1st class. The postcard with it on should not have been charged, unless it was a *really* big postcard weighing over 100g which somehow I doubt!

- or a really big postcard, wider than 240mm and / or taller than 165mm. :Very Happy

28 Mar 2012, 17:28

adb2aber wrote:Quite right, the value of the stamp is what counts with these things so if the stamp is worth 68p the fact it says Worldwide Postcard is irrelevant - it has a value of 68p and therefore it'll cover a flat 2nd class or if they add 7p more then 1st class. The postcard with it on should not have been charged, unless it was a *really* big postcard weighing over 100g which somehow I doubt!

Had a Rev Pro sticker on it so had to write the card out. I don't make the rules :wave

28 Mar 2012, 23:15

Stormproof wrote:

Had a Rev Pro sticker on it so had to write the card out. I don't make the rules :wave

No, you don't make the rules, but it's up to you to question things when rules are not being carried out and an addressee is unjustly surcharged. :shock:
'Only following orders' is no defence. :sad:

29 Mar 2012, 07:50

Lounge Lizard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:

No, you don't make the rules, but it's up to you to question things when rules are not being carried out and an addressee is unjustly surcharged. :shock:

I'm not paid or trained in whats right/wrong concerning Revenue Protection payments. It had been rubber stamped and ticked not valid aswell as having a surcharge sticker so as far as I'm concerned it had been scrutinised.

29 Mar 2012, 07:58

This goes completely against information that we are given (post office). If a customer had any of these international stamps on an item, we'd have to accept them even if they are bound for the UK as long as the value covers the postage cost...

29 Mar 2012, 15:05

Stormproof wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:

I'm not paid or trained in whats right/wrong concerning Revenue Protection payments. It had been rubber stamped and ticked not valid aswell as having a surcharge sticker so as far as I'm concerned it had been scrutinised.

That's what management loves, employees not questioning anything. :sad:

29 Mar 2012, 15:08

Lounge Lizard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:

That's what management loves, employees not questioning anything. :sad:

I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with you about me not questioning anything, but I'm not going to start an argument with you about it. Somebody asked to see an international stamp and I showed them one :cuppa

29 Mar 2012, 17:49

Given that I regularly send mail internationally, I'm surprised I've never seen an international stamp before! I didn't even know there was such a stamp available to buy in book-form (usually I just hand in international mail at the post office and they use a different sort of stamp)...

29 Mar 2012, 20:32

Alexie wrote:Given that I regularly send mail internationally, I'm surprised I've never seen an international stamp before! I didn't even know there was such a stamp available to buy in book-form (usually I just hand in international mail at the post office and they use a different sort of stamp)...

It's because you post them at a Post office and the counter assistant takes 68p, 76p, £1.10 or £1.65 stamps from their sheets of 25.
The International Stamps are for sale where tourists buy postcards and are in books of four for convenience and are Non Value Indicators so that stocks don't have to be changed annually when the price rises.

01 Apr 2012, 00:10

Stormproof wrote:I'm not paid or trained in whats right/wrong concerning Revenue Protection payments. It had been rubber stamped and ticked not valid aswell as having a surcharge sticker so as far as I'm concerned it had been scrutinised.

Just a thought - it could have been pulled up for surcharge because the stamp was being re-used or had sellotape on it. As a customer I've been charged for things like that before (although only with inland stamps). The sender usually swears blind it wasnt a re-used stamp but I'm not sure I believe them!

02 Apr 2012, 15:25

Terryk wrote:
Stormproof wrote:I'm not paid or trained in whats right/wrong concerning Revenue Protection payments. It had been rubber stamped and ticked not valid aswell as having a surcharge sticker so as far as I'm concerned it had been scrutinised.

Just a thought - it could have been pulled up for surcharge because the stamp was being re-used or had sellotape on it. As a customer I've been charged for things like that before (although only with inland stamps). The sender usually swears blind it wasnt a re-used stamp but I'm not sure I believe them!

If it was "being re-used or had sellotape on it" then Stormproof would no doubt have said so rather than just "had to write a surcharge card out the other day for a postcard being sent within the UK that had one of these stamps on". :Very Happy

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2