ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lost, Damaged or Delayed Inland Mail Claim Form

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Lost, Damaged or Delayed Inland Mail Claim Form

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Lost, Damaged or Delayed Inland Mail
Report a Fault and Claim Form
Lost, Damaged or Delayed Inland Mail.pdf
As safe and secure as we are, we're always striving to get better. To help us improve, do please let us know if you think an item of your mail might be lost. This page will give you some key tips on how to proceed.
http://www.royalmail.com/customer-servi ... delay-form
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

Kate39

Re: Lost, Damaged or Delayed Inland Mail Claim Form

Post by Kate39 »

Thanks for this.

Out of interest, do you know how quickly are claims normally dealt with, and what proportion of cases are thrown out/not paid despite having provided the correct information?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Kate39 wrote:Thanks for this.

Out of interest, do you know how quickly are claims normally dealt with, and what proportion of cases are thrown out/not paid despite having provided the correct information?

I don't know for sure but IIRC they do them in around 14 days once all relevant information, proof etc is supplied.

Don't know what the success rate for claiming is as its not published anywhere and its unlikely you would get an answer under an FOI act, but I think the biggest complaint is not the lack of compensation but rather then amount/ or type (sometimes they just send stamps for small claims)
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Kate39

Post by Kate39 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Don't know what the success rate for claiming is as its not published anywhere and its unlikely you would get an answer under an FOI act, but I think the biggest complaint is not the lack of compensation but rather then amount/ or type (sometimes they just send stamps for small claims)
Ugh, I'm not sure what I would do with £30 worth of stamps as they would be difficult to use for sending tracked mail out......

Luckily I have managed to find receipts for the items I sent out, so hopefully my claim will be looked upon favourably.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Kate39 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Don't know what the success rate for claiming is as its not published anywhere and its unlikely you would get an answer under an FOI act, but I think the biggest complaint is not the lack of compensation but rather then amount/ or type (sometimes they just send stamps for small claims)
Ugh, I'm not sure what I would do with £30 worth of stamps as they would be difficult to use for sending tracked mail out......

Luckily I have managed to find receipts for the items I sent out, so hopefully my claim will be looked upon favourably.
No £30 you should get a cheque or if you have an account they might credit that instead. Not sure if it gives you the option.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

As safe and secure as we are, we're always striving to get better. To help us improve, do please let us know if you think an item of your mail might be lost. This page will give you some key tips on how to proceed.
http://www.royalmail.com/customer-servi ... delay-form" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
postypie

Post by postypie »

I have sent a recorded item on the 24/7/12..no sign of it whatsoever....even the item number does not come up on RM'S track and trace....really disappointing...sometimes i wonder about this recorded delivery service as i have had three items go missing recently :mad :mad :mad :mad ....,,either it's been stolen...or the label has been taken off and the packet dumped somewhere...or the person i sent it to is telling porkies!
benoit89

Post by benoit89 »

Hi there - sorry to use this topic but I would need some help.

I posted a package on 30/11/12 using Special Delivery services. Unfortunately I "misplaced" my tracking reference and the company I sent the package to does not seem to have received it as of last Friday.

I called the RM customer service today and went to the post office I posted the package from. Not much help has been provided by both. I read that the post office may keep records of their special deliveries, but the employee told me it was sent to the Royal Mail headoffice and not kept at the post office itself. The Royal Mail customer service says it has nothing to do with them.
The post office employee even went as far as telling me it was my fault... Well, it is also RM fault for not delivering my package which I insured using the Special Delivery services.

The form P58 clearly states that I must provide proof of posting the package, ie my tracking reference, in order to make a compensation claim...

do you have any idea?

thanks
capitalbiker
POST OFFICE

Post by capitalbiker »

The response from the PO is inaccurate, the SD records are maintained IN branch for 2years HOWEVER to identify a particular SD is a needle in a haystack job and quite time consuming (even in terms of custoomer service) and (from the PO pov unpaid) , and the details retained would not identify the address the item was sent to.
So sadly the onus is on the customer to uphold their side of the process for a claim to be entertained as you quote in your posting, imho.

benoit89 wrote:Hi there - sorry to use this topic but I would need some help.

I posted a package on 30/11/12 using Special Delivery services. Unfortunately I "misplaced" my tracking reference and the company I sent the package to does not seem to have received it as of last Friday.

I called the RM customer service today and went to the post office I posted the package from. Not much help has been provided by both. I read that the post office may keep records of their special deliveries, but the employee told me it was sent to the Royal Mail headoffice and not kept at the post office itself. The Royal Mail customer service says it has nothing to do with them.
The post office employee even went as far as telling me it was my fault... Well, it is also RM fault for not delivering my package which I insured using the Special Delivery services.

The form P58 clearly states that I must provide proof of posting the package, ie my tracking reference, in order to make a compensation claim...

do you have any idea?

thanks
masser

Lost my parcel.

Post by masser »

I'm a student.
I bought sport shoes via eBay.
April 18 seller sent parcel with shoes from Golders green post office in London to Sheffield by second class, session ID - 2-972395.

Sheffield's address is:

Park Student Village Residence
Norfolk Park Granvile road 200
Sheffield South Yorkshire S2 2UA
United Kingdom

Unfortunately number of house is missed in address.
The parcel didn't received till now.
How much days the post office keep the parcel at their office before return the parcel back ?
Who can advise to which post office in Sheffield the parcel should deliver
according to mentioned address as I didn't received any notifications from post office ?

Please help me to find my parcel.

Filip.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Without a full and complete address Royal Mail would have sent it back to the sender if they were unable to identify the receiver.

If there was no Return Address then its sent to a "Returned Letters Bureau (RLB)" whose main office is in Belfast.

No Post Office in Sheffield will be responsible for delivery and the Royal Mail Delivery Office will only keep for 18 days when they have left a card at an address. If they are unable to identify an address then its sent to the RLB or returned to the sender after being endorsed.

The only thing you can do now is ring Royal Mail Customer Services and inform them they will then get the RLB to check their database and return it to the sender, or forward it to the receiver. They will need a description of the parcel and the contents.
smithkaren

Post by smithkaren »

Hi,

I REALLY HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT!!!

I ordered a phone worth £500 from ebay, which was posted by the seller on a "Signed for 1st class delivery".
However, the parcel did not arrive even after 2 days of postage. When i checked online "trace and track", it stated that the parcel has been already delivered at 17:15 on 11/10/2013 and that the Proof of delivery "Proof of Delivery is not yet available for this tracking reference". it has been more than a week now and the website still shows "Proof of Delivery is not yet available for this tracking reference".

I've now filed a complaint with Royal Mail.

However, I was wondering if it is possible for the postman to know which place he has delivered on 12/10/2013 at 17:15? is there any electronic method which keeps track of when and where the parcel was delivered?
can i still have hope that i will get back my parcel??? :'(

I'm a struggling student and £500 is a lot to to let it go :(.

Any help with regard to this matter will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Smith
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

smithkaren wrote:Hi,

I REALLY HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT!!!

Your best bet is to make a claim through ebay if you want all your money back. the maximum claim under recorded delivery is nowhere near that amount.

I'll have to be honest with you, 1st class recorded is not a tracked service and anything over £50 you are taking a gamble - I would have insisted on a special delivery as this can be tracked throughout its journey and it has a lot higher compensation. You may be able to claim through Ebay if they agree it was an inappropriate service to use.

I have to say as well that an EBayer sending out a £500 phone on 1st class recorded is a little suspicious - have you checked their rating to see if they have lost any other items, or if its a new account, basically anything to suggest its a scam account.
smithkaren

Post by smithkaren »

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I will escalate the issue with ebay.
barrowc
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by barrowc »

Check the reference number at http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails and specifically check that the delivered scan was made at your local delivery office (look in the "Track point" column) Until you receive the item, you only have the seller's word for it that the tracking number they gave you actually relates to an item being sent to you