ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Guaranteed next day 1pm delayed - will it be delivered tomorrow (SATURDAY)

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
mlti12345

Guaranteed next day 1pm delayed - will it be delivered tomorrow (SATURDAY)

Post by mlti12345 »

To preface this I have had 2 frustrating calls with customer service and no straight answer. I have also been extensively googling to no avail.

So the parcel was sent (before the cut off last delivery time) Thursday 21st with guaranteed next day 1pm delivery. It did not arrive by 1pm today Friday 22nd. Have had 2 calls with customer service and been told different and confusing things about the parcel/address...can provide more details. The tracking has been back and forth to the same place a few times today. which is why I called. All very odd.

There has now been a tracking update to say it will be delivered by 1pm *the next working day* and that’s where I’m confused. In the Ts&Cs it says workings days are only Mon-Fri for special delivery UNLESS you purchase guaranteed Saturday delivery. I did not do that as it was guaranteed for Friday. Current status is ‘we’ve got it’ on the app and the aforementioned message with next working day by 1pm.

Likelihood it arrives tomorrow?

Edit as seen others putting tracking info in - NE755966168GB

Sorry if I’m being dense and I did try and find the answer.

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Guaranteed next day 1pm delayed - will it be delivered tomorrow (SATURDAY)

Post by SpacePhoenix »

I believe that London Central MC and Mount Pleasant W DO are located in the same building. Based on the tracking info, it seems like there could be a problem with the address, with it bouncing between the two offices. London Central MC believe that it's for an address in the area covered by Mount Pleasant W DO, who believe that it's for an address covered by a neighbouring DO.

Seen it happen once where an item had been proper to 1 DO based on the address but another DO actually delivers to that address. Don't know if that's the case here.
mlti12345

Post by mlti12345 »

It is an W1 postcode if that helps!

The customer service advisor said it is because the address was incorrect....

So for example (numbers changed obv) I put the address as 86D *road name* and the CSA says there is no 86D *road name* at that postcode... only 86
However, when I got off the phone and looked on RM postcode checker there was a Flat D, 86 *road name* - is this a reason it would NOT be delivered?

I say this as someone who's address is incorrect on RM postcode checker (does not show individual flats) but always get my post!

Thank you so much for the help :)
mlti12345

Post by mlti12345 »

Also is it significant it is finally 'received' not 'arrived'?
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

I would run the address through Royal Mail’s postcode finder tool and check that the postcode matches.

If the postcode on the item said WC1 then the mail centre would send it to Mount Pleasant West DO. If the address is actually in W1 then the DO would give it back to the Mail Centre for passing to the correct DO (Paddington?). Unfortunately it can get stuck in a loop if the issue isn’t communicated properly. This is only an example, but you get the idea.
mlti12345 wrote:
22 Mar 2024, 19:39
Likelihood it arrives tomorrow?
Depends on the type of premises. RM don’t attempt to deliver Specials on a Saturday to businesses they know to be unoccupied on a Saturday.
mlti12345

Post by mlti12345 »

The postcode matches (example) Flat D, 86 *road name*
However, the address the recipient gave me was 86D *road name* and I'm assuming they have received post with this format instead of 'flat D'

It is definitely W1 and I know that is what was written on the parcel. In addition, I wrote clearly in black capitals on white paper and parcel sellotaped over it to prevent removal/damage to the address. Also, it is a residential address.

Thank you so much.
mlti12345

Post by mlti12345 »

Also Wikipedia said W1 is Mount Pleasant DO? But also may not be accurate.... this is SO confusing!
mlti12345

Post by mlti12345 »

Ok so now tracking says going to Greenford MC!

Help!