ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcel sent from Edinburgh MC to Northern IRELAND mc in ERROR!!

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Missneedhelp

Parcel sent from Edinburgh MC to Northern IRELAND mc in ERROR!!

Post by Missneedhelp »

Hi I ordered a parcel from China & my tracking number is WC209764010GB, usually as I live In penicuik just outside of Edinburgh when my item is received by royal mail the tracking info says its at the Midlands super hub which it did on sunday 17th March & then goes to Edinburgh MC which my item did on Monday 18th March & the next tracking info for items then goes to penicuik PO ( my local delivery office ) & I get it that day or the next day...not this time! My parcel for some ridiculous reason changed tracking info from Midlands MC to "oops we've made a mistake it's at northern Ireland MC" so I telephoned customer services & the guy said someone made a extremely rare mistake that shouldn't of happened but as they work through the night it would be driven back to Edinburgh MC that night but I've checked my tracking information this morning & annoyingly it's just saying "item received northern Ireland MC Tuesday 19th March at 10:32am, 15:02pm & 22:49pm! I'm wondering if my package will actually be sent back to Edinburgh MC & roughly how long this should take as it's a gift for someone & I've NEVER had this happen before. Many many thanks

Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Re: Parcel sent from Edinburgh MC to Northern IRELAND mc in ERROR!!

Post by Snaggletooth »

Your item went to Edinburgh MC then got sent to Northern Ireland MC. Which suggests there there is a problem with the address as written on the package. Northern Ireland is where undeliverable items go.