ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

International parcel missing first line of address

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
afcj123

International parcel missing first line of address

Post by afcj123 »

Hi all,

Please can you help?

I ordered a parcel from China, the first line of address is missing. It arrived at Romford delivery office and then tracked 'returned to sender'. I called RM Customer service twice, they said that there's nothing that they can do. It does have a UK Tracking code but I don't know where it is going back to in UK.

WG332591024GB

Aliexpress said they can't do anyrhing now, they can't contact the courier to change it.

It is not sitting at Romford Mail Centre, can I somehow retrieve my parcel? It has my surname and post code on it.

Please help, thanks

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: International parcel missing first line of address

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

afcj123 wrote:
19 Mar 2024, 07:35
Hi all,

Please can you help?

I ordered a parcel from China, the first line of address is missing. It arrived at Romford delivery office and then tracked 'returned to sender'. I called RM Customer service twice, they said that there's nothing that they can do. It does have a UK Tracking code but I don't know where it is going back to in UK.

WG332591024GB

Aliexpress said they can't do anyrhing now, they can't contact the courier to change it.

It is not sitting at Romford Mail Centre, can I somehow retrieve my parcel? It has my surname and post code on it.

Please help, thanks
Not through this website as we are not an official site. To be honest Customer Services is correct once an item has been returned to the sender, as long as it has a return address, then the process has started and it is difficult to intercept it. After all, finding 1 parcel among literally millions is a stretch when you only know where it was the last time it was scanned.

You may have a chance of intercepting it if does not have a return address by claiming non-delivery and then describing the contents. If it goes to the National Returns Centre (where all poorly addressed items without a return address go) then may be able to match your claim to the parcel, it is a long shot though.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."