ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postman signed for and left a parcel I needed to refuse

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
SJensen

Postman signed for and left a parcel I needed to refuse

Post by SJensen »

I have had a long and frustratring buying experience with a scamm-ish type mobile phone refurbisher. To cut a long story short, I had to cancell my order and asked for a refund. They accepted cancellation but did not refund, and then stopped answering emails (not possible to get through by phone) so I turned the issue over to my credit card company which refunded it. This all started 21 January, and the refund from credit card happened on the 22nd February.

Then, suddenly I get an email saying my phone is being delivered, and I'm sent a tracking number. I don't want to receive the phone, as I would have to pay for it to be returned. I thought the best thing would be to redirect to post office so I could then just leave it there and it would be returned to sender. However, 20 minutes after I did the redirect, the phone was left outside my door and 'signed for' - but not by me, by the postman, using my surname. If I had been home I would have refused the item. Unless the scammy company give me a way to return the phone so I don't have to pay for this, I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to get the postman in trouble but this has put me in a very difficult situation.

Not sure if anyone can give me advice.

fluxburner

Re: Postman signed for and left a parcel I needed to refuse

Post by fluxburner »

You could wait in for the postie and ask him to rescan as refused and return it to sender.
That would be the final scan and "theoretically" trump the previous signed scan.
SJensen

Post by SJensen »

Thanks, I'll try that on Monday!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

If you miss the postie as long as you have not opened it go to a local Post Office and explain the situation. You should not have to pay for a refused item in these circumstances.

Write very clearly hough that you have refused it and circle the return address or it might get another delivery attempt.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."