ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Wrong and invalid postcode but correct address but the parcel now is unclear of it's location

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Ian123jj

Wrong and invalid postcode but correct address but the parcel now is unclear of it's location

Post by Ian123jj »

I accidentally gave the sender of my parcel the wrong postal code but with the correct address, hence the postal code is invalid and cannot be found.
The parcel track shows the parcel was delivered but my concierge claims they don't have it.
I called the service line 3 times and they said it was delivered, which can also mean it was sent back to the sender.
However, after I checked my track again several days ago, it suddenly had a picture as proof of delivery that was blurry and did not contain my parcel, which I know how it should look like.
Now I'm confused and anxious since I was waiting for my sender to deal with this and it was already past the 10-day investigation period. I really don't know what to do.
Can anyone help me with this? I would be really grateful.

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Wrong and invalid postcode but correct address but the parcel now is unclear of it's location

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Which half of the postcode was wrong?
Ian123jj

Re: Wrong and invalid postcode but correct address but the parcel now is unclear of it's location

Post by Ian123jj »

The first half, I put M13, but it was supposed to be M15. The complete postal code is M15 4TQ. M13 4TQ does not exsit on the map.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

I think delivered could also mean:

1. Delivered to a PO Box that belongs to the sender, if the return address was a PO Box.

2. Delivered to the National Returns Centre, if the return address was missing, unreadable etc. This would also apply if the sender contravened the Dangerous Goods Act (e.g. sent a mobile phone without the appropriate labels).

The tracking should tell you where it was delivered to?
Ian123jj

Post by Ian123jj »

There's no delivery destination on the tracking page so that's why it's confusing.
And by PO box, do you mean the post office of my area?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Ian123jj wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 12:40
There's no delivery destination on the tracking page so that's why it's confusing.
Can you post the tracking number so we can see all the racking entries?
Ian123jj

Post by Ian123jj »

WB542351315GB
BenacreNick

Post by BenacreNick »

Ian, the photo looks like a cupboard, with about 7 other parcels there.

You used to be able to get a pinpoint GPS location, but this option doesn't seem to be available for this item. :cuppa
Ian123jj

Post by Ian123jj »

Yes there should be a GPS pin point. But I called and they said there's none.
And none of the 7 parcels in the picture is mine, mine looks like a big near cubic shaped box with yellow tape all around.
BenacreNick

Post by BenacreNick »

Do you recognise this "cupboard" and why are all these parcels in there anyway ?

You mention a concierge ? Do you live in a hotel or apartment block or something ? :cuppa
Ian123jj

Post by Ian123jj »

No I don't recognize this cupboard.
I live in a building with a concierge. I already check with them to see if it's their storage room, but unfortunately it's not. Theirs have carpet on the floor.
I do attempt to check the buildings around my area to see if it might be delivered to somewhere strange. But the chance is pretty low.
BenacreNick

Post by BenacreNick »

And does Manchester have another Deansgate Tower in the M13 area ? :cuppa

Or is your Deansgate Tower the only one ?
Ian123jj

Post by Ian123jj »

There're multiple tower and multiple name, but there's only one south tower, which I put on my address line. And we're in M15 instead of M13, M13 is the wrong area code I inputted.
I do attempt to investigate other towers in my area to see if it might be misplaced. But the chance is pretty low if the mail person don't know what they're doing.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Ian123jj wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 12:40
No, a Post Office Box has nothing to do with the Post Office, despite the name. It is a place that you can collect your mail from instead of it being delivered to your address. Since they get a lot of mail the tracking when delivered is often (ahem) not of the highest quality.
Ian123jj

Post by Ian123jj »

No I don't think I own a PO box service. I'm a tenant renting this place.