ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Possibly lost special delivery parcel

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Aaronshieldsjeweller

Possibly lost special delivery parcel

Post by Aaronshieldsjeweller »

Hi,

Just after a bit of advice. I'm a jeweller that does repairs for other jewellers, trade work etc. Some of the work I receive then gets sent out (for stones matching, more complicated repair work etc)

Any I have 3 rings that I sent out to another jeweller, he has posted back to me Friday and posted for guaranteed Saturday delivery. It didn't turn up, but its the fact the tracking hasn't updated that worries me. I just can't see it arriving tomorrow while the tracking says what it says.

The tracking no. Is NY833950005GB

I've spoken to royal mail and they say they can't see where it is but say it doesn't appear to have left post office. I have managed to contact the post office and the lady there just said they don't have it and it will have been collected.

Anyway, very worried as this is 3 customers rings. Going to be very difficult to say they have been lost, and even if I manage to get compensation ( the sender did use the maximum £2500) I doubt it will cover the loss. Would likely leave me out of business. I have sent and received many special delivery parcels and never had this happen. Almost feel sick at the thought of 3 customers rings, possibly very sentimental, lost.

Is the fact the tracking hasn't updated a cause for concern? Will obviously be waiting until tomorrow to see if arrives. The parcel contains 3 rings from 3 different shops I do work for. Possible they wouldn't want to send me work anymore.

Seriously anxious right now as I just have a serious gut feeling the lack of update on tracking is not good.

gimba

Re: Possibly lost special delivery parcel

Post by gimba »

Aaronshieldsjeweller wrote:
22 May 2022, 16:41

Is the fact the tracking hasn't updated a cause for concern?.
Yes
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Possibly lost special delivery parcel

Post by Lockardian »

If the item has somehow not been scanned at the outward Mail Centre (Chelmsford) AND not sent onward until Saturday, there’s a chance it will hit the destination mail centre today (Sunday) and get a scan tonight. So you may see an update overnight or early tomorrow morning when it arrives at your local delivery office.

I’m not sure why this would have happened unless the Special Delivery label has fell off and/or the item was mixed with normal post and not spotted as a Prio/Special. These things do occasionally happen.

I wouldn’t give up hope yet.