ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

International Economy

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
aaaa23123sdss

International Economy

Post by aaaa23123sdss »

I don't normally send parcels to the USA, I prefer to send to Vietnam but I decided to send a parcel to the USA recently, and sent it the normal way of international Economy. It is my understanding that Royal Mail send send so-called "International Economy" by air mail because all of the (many) parcels I sent to Vietnam have all arrived in 2-3 weeks which is the typical time for air mail (not the bs of "up to 6/8/12 weeks") so it is clearly not being sent by true surface mail. For those who send to more popular countries, can you confirm if Royal Mail use surface transport to deliver parcels to far away countries? Why are Royal Mail ripping off customers by pretending air mail is quicker when it is pretty much (or exactly) the same as IE?

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: International Economy

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Topic locked. While we are not an official site, we cannot comment on a post that claims Royal Mail is ripping people off because if we agree with you, those of us who work at Royal Mail could be accused of bringing royal Mail into disrepute, which is a sackable offence. But if we disagree with you because we are not an official site we won't have the up-to-date information to counter your claim, and again could be disciplined for any incorrect information given even if done so with the best intentions.

Therefore for the safety of Royal Mail members, I have locked this thread.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."