ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Please help EDINBURGH/Derby/Burton

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Edinburghuser1

Please help EDINBURGH/Derby/Burton

Post by Edinburghuser1 »

We've got it

We have your item and it's on its way. More information will be available as it travels through our network.
Tracking number:
ZD114502535GB
Service used:
Royal Mail Tracked Returns 24™

Tracking history
Wednesday 04 May 2022
19:15
Item Received
Edinburgh MC
13:43
Accepted at Post Office
Muirhouse Post Office [EH4 4TD]

ANYONE WHO WORKS AT EDI OR DERBY OR ANYWHERE INBETWEEN ABLE TO TRACE THIS? The customer services team
Are absolutely useless. If this parcel is lost I have lost nearly £600 and need to cancel a holiday on Monday too.

I’ll never use Royal Mail again absolutely horrific

Escalations useless too. Basically said ‘no one knows where it goes after Edinburgh’ also said no one will check. And I asked what happens if the item comes out and they said ‘it’ll be sent to Belfast but you probably still won’t get it back’ really??? A phone with an IMEI number attached and I’ll never get it! Sure enough they’ll happily
Auction it though. Thieves.

2yearpostie

Re: Please help EDINBURGH/Derby/Burton

Post by 2yearpostie »

Hi looks like recieved at Ed yesterday afternoon so itll be on its way for delivery tomorrow.
Should make its way to Notts mail centre first, then onto Derby, then delivery office.
If you have a return address on it itll make its way back to you if it cant be delivered. If not it gets disposed of ( burned i believe) in belfast as biofuel.
Edinburghuser1

Post by Edinburghuser1 »

Hi that was 04th may it was received into EDI man 😞
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

It isn’t helpful to start a new thread on the same issue. There is important information over there:

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... p?t=104941

In brief, it looks like you may have contravened the Dangerous Goods Act. If so, Royal Mail are supposed to destroy the package. Although presumably not burned in this case, because it’s a mobile phone. 2yearpostie might have spotted that if you hadn’t started a new thread.

Accusing Royal Mail of being thieves on a forum for Royal Mail staff is also a strange way of trying to get help.
Edinburghuser1

Post by Edinburghuser1 »

I’ve been advised that as parcel was going by road it would’ve been okay as phone was boxed.

Also if phone was destroyed they’d have details on it. Escalations team have told me this.

I said possible theft. A quick google search tells you all you need to know. And I worked for RM at Xmas. Escalations team
Is useless.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by aiden01 »

Edinburghuser1 wrote:
10 May 2022, 19:44
I’ve been advised that as parcel was going by road it would’ve been okay as phone was boxed.

Also if phone was destroyed they’d have details on it. Escalations team have told me this.

I said possible theft. A quick google search tells you all you need to know. And I worked for RM at Xmas. Escalations team
Is useless.
No you didnt say possible theft your last word was... THIEVES :wave
Edinburghuser1

Post by Edinburghuser1 »

aiden01 wrote:
10 May 2022, 22:01
Edinburghuser1 wrote:

Is useless.
No you didnt say possible theft your last word was... THIEVES :wave
Royal Mail the company not staff. I was advised by escalations even if they find the parcel (open or item out of bag) would the trace me and how would the know it’s mine without the IMEI number of device. She said they wouldn’t need it. So do they know something I don’t?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Edinburghuser1 wrote:

Is useless.
Based on it being Tracked 24 and the locations, my gut feeling is that it will have gone by air and not by road
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Please, as pointed out on parts of the site contact Royal Mail Customer Services, saves starting threads all over the site.
Good luck.

www.royalmailchat.co.uk/customers.php
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.