ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sorted

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Edinburghuser1

Sorted

Post by Edinburghuser1 »

Sorted
Last edited by Edinburghuser1 on 11 May 2022, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.

Edinburghuser1

Movement of parcel

Post by Edinburghuser1 »

:cuppa
Last edited by Edinburghuser1 on 11 May 2022, 08:03, edited 1 time in total.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Re: Movement of parcel

Post by Snaggletooth »

If you sent a mobile phone then there is a good chance that you have contravened the Dangerous Goods Act, which could be the source of the problem.

Did you put it in a rigid box, or was it just an envelope?

Did you write your full name and address on the outside of the packaging?

Did you include the battery in the phone, outside the phone, or was it sent without a battery?

Did you hand it over at the Post Office counter and declare the contents to the clerk?
Edinburghuser1

Post by Edinburghuser1 »

Snaggletooth wrote:
10 May 2022, 12:28
If you sent a mobile phone then there is a good chance that you have contravened the Dangerous Goods Act, which could be the source of the problem.

Did you put it in a rigid box, or was it just an envelope?

Did you write your full name and address on the outside of the packaging?

Did you include the battery in the phone, outside the phone, or was it sent without a battery?

Did you hand it over at the Post Office counter and declare the contents to the clerk?

Well I’ve not done any of that, it was declared yes. It was in the phone box, in a Jiffy bag. It was an iPhone so battery fixed inside. Posted at post office. Was for one of these ‘sell you mobile’ companies.

I didn’t write any details. Was being sent to UK so by road only I’m assuming, will I be able to get this back if it’s being held?
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

On the first question, do you mean that you put the phone in the original iPhone box then you put that in a Jiffy bag? No problem with that, the box round the phone is the key part, the outer wrapping is not relevant.

But are you saying that you didn’t write your name and address on the outer packaging?
Edinburghuser1

Post by Edinburghuser1 »

No… I thought it was on the label.. but the senders address is also the delivery address it’s a return label