ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Northern Isles delivery standards

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Jontyclark

Northern Isles delivery standards

Post by Jontyclark »

Hi - I've recently moved to one of the outer islands in Orkney, and I'm trying to work out what 'normal' looks like for postal deliveries. Royal Mail website has a useful page for deliveries to the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, but as far as I can tell only the vaguest of mentions of outlying parts of the UK. Does anyone on here know what I should be expecting? My postcode is KW17 2DR, if that helps.

many thanks

Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Re: Northern Isles delivery standards

Post by Snaggletooth »

I don't know about normal mail, but for Special Delivery there is a breakdown of how long things should take. KW17 is in the longest timespan section: go to the page below and choose "postcodes and exceptions".

https://www.royalmail.com/sending/uk/sp ... anteed-1pm

I would talk to your local Royal Mail or Post Office staff for more information.