ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Two parcels 'signed for,' but only delivered.

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
dedkool

Two parcels 'signed for,' but only delivered.

Post by dedkool »

A renowned and reputable online retailer sent me two separate parcels, each worth over 30 pounds. Both were sent by recorded delivery to be signed for. I also have 100% proof from said retailer that they were sent. However, it says on Royal Mail's records that the two parcels were delivered to my home address and signed for. Only thing is I only got one of the parcels, and I did not sign for anything and I wasn't asked to. The 'signature' that 'signed' for my parcel was an unintelligible scrawl. It was obviously signed for by the postman who delivered it. But where is the other parcel? I certainly did not get it, and why wasn't I asked to sign for the one I got? Yet Royal Mail's website says that both were delivered and signed for, which is total nonsense, because I signed nothing. Also, I do not believe it was delivered to the wrong house. The signature/scribble is the same for both parcels, and Royal Mail's records state that both parcels were delivered on the same day at the same address and signed for, but they weren't. Something is definitely not right. I have also just started kidney dialysis, and missing expensive parcels is something I certainly don't need.

dedkool

Re: Two parcels 'signed for,' but only delivered.

Post by dedkool »

Sorry, the title should be 'Two Parcels 'Signed For', But Only One Delivered.

Thanks.
Sir Henry

Re: Two parcels 'signed for,' but only delivered.

Post by Sir Henry »

Short answer as it is late
Grab your postie tomorrow and ask what has happened
RM have allowed posties to sign for customers parcels to minimise potential covid infection
If no joy from your postie ring customer service
They should get in touch with the manager of your local delivery office and get him to answer any outstanding questions you have.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"