ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Item tracked as 'Ready For Delivery' on 13-4-22, still not delivered as of 14-4-22

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
wapsbasm

Item tracked as 'Ready For Delivery' on 13-4-22, still not delivered as of 14-4-22

Post by wapsbasm »

Hi,

I have an item tracked as 'Ready For Delivery' from my local depot (2 miles down the road) on 13-4-22 (yesterday), which still hasn't arrived today (the 14-4-22). I know it's only a day out, but while I did get a different tracked parcel yesterday through RM as expected, there was no sign of this one. The other package which I did receive is now correctly tracked by RM as 'delivered', while this one is still marked as 'ready for delivery today' (but with yesterday's date).

I called my local delivery office to check on it's progress, but was redirected to an automated line that proved to be no help or use whatsoever.

I've never encountered this issue before (usually when tracking says 'Ready For Delivery' it arrives on the same day), but with the long Easter weekend looming, do I need to worry about this yet?

Tracking number: QP859839366GB

Thanks in advance.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Item tracked as 'Ready For Delivery' on 13-4-22, still not delivered as of 14-4-22

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

That originally started as a foreign item https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/QP859839366GB so it may have been delivered in its original packing without being scanned. I would advise double-checking to see if it's been delivered then if not you may need to contact Royal Mail officially
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
wapsbasm

Re: Item tracked as 'Ready For Delivery' on 13-4-22, still not delivered as of 14-4-22

Post by wapsbasm »

Thanks.

No, still not received by me and I have had some letters today (the 16th). Looking at the link you've provided, confusingly it appears to have been sorted again very soon after that 'ready for delivery' status message, and it now appears to be back in the hands of Cainiao rather than RM, unless I'm deciphering the timeline wrongly. It hasn't updated since so I wonder if this means it's on its way back to China?

I can't think what the issue is (if it was to do with my address or the labelling then I'm assuming it wouldn't track as 'ready for delivery'). I purchased exactly the same items from the same seller only last month, and I received that package without any problems.

Thanks anyway, it's always helpful to have your perspective on these things. I suppose I'll see what the next working day after Tuesday brings (or doesn't).
wapsbasm

Post by wapsbasm »

UPDATE:

The 'Ready for delivery' status remains unchanged according to RM's tracking . But, it seems, from the information posted here:

https://t.17track.net/en#nums=QP859839366GB

That the parcel is ready for 'pick up'. Which according to that site means:

"Pick Up:

Your package has arrived at a nearby pick-up point. Please pick it up soon to avoid being returned. General explanation:

The carrier has collection deadline, we'd advise you pickup your package at once, or it might be returned to the sender.If you ensure your package has been delivered successfully, please ignore this notice."

So, does this mean that this was marked as an attempted delivery and returned to the local DO on the day? I was home all day (I work from home) and although I received mail that morning, this parcel was NOT amongst it.

If a delivery was attempted, shouldn't a card have been left? Without a card and the number on it, if the parcel is at the DO, I can't collect it! I can't even ring the DO to find out if they have it, either!

Of course by this point, after all this time it's probably on its way back to the sender. :mad
wapsbasm

Post by wapsbasm »

Finally found an actual enquiry number for my actual local DO in the Harrison IR list on this site, I'll give them a ring!

Although I'm not holding out much hope after three weeks. :sad: