ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
mushroom666

Royal Mail

Post by mushroom666 »

Royal Mail have managed to lose 4 parcels in the past year and now a fifth. I am told that I cannot claim compensation off Royal Mail as I am not a customer. They state I have to go back to the sender who is in another country and for a low value item it is doubtful I will get a refund. To replace this item at short notice will be more expensive and I have wasted hours trying to find about this item. You refuse to contact the mail centre Heathrow to get anyone off their backside to look for it. Since it is impossible to lose a tracked item in a aware hours it is clear that the item has been stolen.
It is not my responsibility nor the senders to resolve this issue for you. You need to replace the item as you lost the item.

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Royal Mail

Post by POSTMAN »

You need to contact Royal Mail customer services, their link is here...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/customers.php
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

If items are repeatedly going missing at Heathrow then that sounds like it is being impounded or delayed by customs rather than lost by Royal Mail. It would be interesting to see the tracking and know the contents for these packages.

If the issue is at customs then there is no way to get information on what happened. They don’t answer to RM and they don’t take calls from customers.

The Royal Mail won’t pay compensation on items that contravene the customs rules or Dangerous Goods Act, and nor should they. Which is why they need a declaration of what is inside. Only the sender can do that.

If this is something you bought online you should make a claim from the seller. A reputable seller should provide a full refund of both the selling price and the postage. If you had bought from a UK seller you would be legally entitled to this.

You have come on a website that is mostly Royal Mail staff providing help to people in their own time and accused Royal Mail staff of stealing. This is an ‘interesting’ strategy for getting a problem resolved.
Sir Henry

Post by Sir Henry »

mushroom666 wrote:
09 Mar 2022, 13:26
Royal Mail have managed to lose 4 parcels in the past year and now a fifth. I am told that I cannot claim compensation off Royal Mail as I am not a customer. They state I have to go back to the sender who is in another country and for a low value item it is doubtful I will get a refund. To replace this item at short notice will be more expensive and I have wasted hours trying to find about this item. You refuse to contact the mail centre Heathrow to get anyone off their backside to look for it. Since it is impossible to lose a tracked item in a aware hours it is clear that the item has been stolen.
It is not my responsibility nor the senders to resolve this issue for you. You need to replace the item as you lost the item.

Post the tracking numbers if you have them, it will help us to help you.
The contract is between the sender and the postal service so I'm afraid only the sender will be able to galvanise anyone into a response or a refund.
Heathrow take in many more items from all over the world than is humanly possible to hunt through for a parcel or five sadly scanned or not. As has been said it is probable customs have them.
It isn't clear the item has been stolen.
It IS the senders responsibility to the solve it for YOU.
Royal Mail may end up refunding the sender via their national postal service but won't replace the item nor refund you.
Letting us know the tracking numbers is a good place to start.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"