ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Delays to Special Deliveries to IoM?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
poster

Delays to Special Deliveries to IoM?

Post by poster »

Hello

Ex-postie looking from some info. I recently sent a special delivery 1 kilo parcel to the Isle of Man but it seems to have stopped at the Swindon office for the last couple of days.

I found out today that the person in our post room that sent it out neglected to put a Customs Declaration on it. Would this be enough to stop it being delivered and if so will it be returned to me? It's low value items not paperwork but it's very important to me so I'm more concerned with getting it back if it can't make it through customs. Is there some sort of process where items can't be shipped are returned?

The recipient said that the post over in the IoM is very slow at the moment but would two days overdue be normal for a 1pm Special Delivery under the current circumstances?

Cheers in advance for any advice or info as I'm a bit out of the loop these days. :wink:

nutcracker
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Delays to Special Deliveries to IoM?

Post by nutcracker »

What’s the tracking number?

there have been some delays to some specials to the Channel Islands and Isle of Man over the last few months.
Beanyjazz wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 08:35
'Look at me Mummy, I made £25, and it only cost me 1 knee'. Get a life.
simmo11

Post by simmo11 »

Don't think Customs Dec is required for IoM, although mail can be examined by Customs and hence delayed.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

poster

Post by poster »

Nice one, thanks very much all.
simmo11

Post by simmo11 »

Did the item get delivered in the end?
poster

Post by poster »

Yeah it turned up yesterday. Looks like it got through but there were delays going from Swindon to IoM so it might have been customs or something. Hard to say with all the Covid stuff going on.

It arrived three days late on a 1pm Special so atleast next time if it comes up I'll know it could be something like that.

This people here have been really useful in giving me some ideas on where to look.
simmo11

Post by simmo11 »

Good to hear, be sure to put in a claim for delay though!