ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Where exactly ARE posties allowed to leave parcels?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
davthepunk

Where exactly ARE posties allowed to leave parcels?

Post by davthepunk »

Am I correct in saying that Royal Mail staff are still not supposed to leave parcels down by the side of someone's house if the recipient is out?

Nothing bad has happened. Not to me, at least. Was involved in a discussion about this with someone recently - apparently one of this guy's buyers is claiming that he didn't receive his order because his postie did that. Card through the door saying that the item was around the side of the house, no item there, assumed stolen, police now involved.

Just wondered what the rules were, is all. FWIW, last year, I had to bring an item inside after I happened to look out the window at the same time as the postman was sticking a parcel (for someone else in my flats) in the gap between the wheelie bins, so it does happen...

Norfolk 'N' Chance

Re: Where exactly ARE posties allowed to leave parcels?

Post by Norfolk 'N' Chance »

davthepunk wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 22:56
Am I correct in saying that Royal Mail staff are still not supposed to leave parcels down by the side of someone's house if the recipient is out?

Nothing bad has happened. Not to me, at least. Was involved in a discussion about this with someone recently - apparently one of this guy's buyers is claiming that he didn't receive his order because his postie did that. Card through the door saying that the item was around the side of the house, no item there, assumed stolen, police now involved.

Just wondered what the rules were, is all. FWIW, last year, I had to bring an item inside after I happened to look out the window at the same time as the postman was sticking a parcel (for someone else in my flats) in the gap between the wheelie bins, so it does happen...
Teams of crooks are following Amazon, Hermes and RM vans around and scooping up van loads of parcels. Customer not in? then it goes back to the DO, just too risky to leave anywhere these days.
davthepunk

Re: Where exactly ARE posties allowed to leave parcels?

Post by davthepunk »

Teams of crooks are following Amazon, Hermes and RM vans around and scooping up van loads of parcels. Customer not in? then it goes back to the DO, just too risky to leave anywhere these days.
Hermes are awful for dumping things on doorsteps. It's happened a few times in my flats now. No card through the letterbox, but I open the door to go out and find someone's parcel lying there in full view of the street.

Actually, I saw a pile of Amazon parcels (five or six boxes) dumped on a doorstep in the main shopping street of my town. My friend and I were sat outside the pub opposite and we were like "we should keep an eye on those until the guy gets home, or they'll go walkies". So, that's what we did. The owner was grateful - and he told me that he definitely hadn't instructed Amazon to do that.