ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

A week for 1st class signed for?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Jakemj84

A week for 1st class signed for?

Post by Jakemj84 »

As the title suggests? Is this time frame normal? Dropped a signed for item off last friday and it’s still showing as at the post office I dropped it at. I’ve been to see them and they couldn’t help much. The item is going to a London postcode. The buyer on eBay is giving me hassle though I’m a bit dubious about them as they were on me as soon as payment made to send the item (I sent to registered address though) but I just hate sending anything to a flat number and road on as it was flat 77 on a certain road… just didn’t feel quite right.

Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

simmo11

Re: A week for 1st class signed for?

Post by simmo11 »

I have had 2 First Class items take a month to arrive recently.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

I have had several second class items take 2-3 weeks recently, all sent in the week before Christmas. I live in London.
VaKo

Post by VaKo »

Items sent from China are beating first-class domestic post atm.
gt94sss2

Post by gt94sss2 »

I'm still receiving items in the post that were posted before Christmas and am still waiting for others. I also live in London.
Jakemj84 wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 15:34
As the title suggests? Is this time frame normal? Dropped a signed for item off last friday and it’s still showing as at the post office I dropped it at.
I understand that the tracking on signed for items is only updated when they attempt delivery
steve_x

Post by steve_x »

you need to send the delivery address as on the payment page rather than the register address. also some 1st signed for service doesn't get a delivery confirmation at all although the delivery has been made..
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Jakemj84 wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 15:34
As the title suggests? Is this time frame normal? Dropped a signed for item off last friday and it’s still showing as at the post office I dropped it at. I’ve been to see them and they couldn’t help much. The item is going to a London postcode. The buyer on eBay is giving me hassle though I’m a bit dubious about them as they were on me as soon as payment made to send the item (I sent to registered address though) but I just hate sending anything to a flat number and road on as it was flat 77 on a certain road… just didn’t feel quite right.

Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Not normally, but it is now - check out the News Threads and the Daily Update stickie in the Customer Section.

London is being hit hardest by the delays.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Jakemj84

Post by Jakemj84 »

8 days later and it’s still showing as at the post office. I’m aware the next update isn’t until it’s been delivered but surely this is too long!?

The recipient was an N4 postcode in London. I’m just hoping it’s severe backlog although Holloway is their closest delivery office and it’s not coming up on the service status at all!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Jakemj84 wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 10:07
8 days later and it’s still showing as at the post office. I’m aware the next update isn’t until it’s been delivered but surely this is too long!?

The recipient was an N4 postcode in London. I’m just hoping it’s severe backlog although Holloway is their closest delivery office and it’s not coming up on the service status at all!
Not today but N4 and the surrounding postcodes have appeared on the list periodically. But yes it's too long we agree, however, we are not an official site so you might consider contacting them officially. @royalmailhelp on Twitter is one such avenue
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."