ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Error in delivery method

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
SLP87

Error in delivery method

Post by SLP87 »

Hello, I’m not sure I’m contacting the right person/people, I couldn’t manage to create a post. I’m wondering if someone can help me.

An embassy in London attempted to send a few very important documents and pieces of ID to me in Edinburgh. They have sent this via Tracked and Signed 48h, and sent it as an International delivery rather than domestic. Tracking number -RN206393853GB

Since 5th January, tracking is showing as Item dispatched to Heathrow worldwide DC. There has been no movement since. I’ve spoken with RM numerous times and have heard different explanations for this issue. A man who previously worked for International dept has said it’s likely at Returns centre. Another person at complaint escalation dept said yesterday that it’s considered officially lost. It’s an A4 sized envelope, I don’t understand how it can vanish?

I’m hoping that someone can shine some light on what might have happened to it or where it could be. I’m so desperate to get this paperwork, as it’s our last step, in a very long and costly visa application process, to reuniting myself and my baby with my husband overseas. I am now at breaking point with trying to lone parent, along side health issues and need to get back to my husband. My apologies for getting personal, but this is really very important to me and I have nowhere else to ask.

If I report our passports as lost, then the lengthy visa application process has to begin again, so I’d rather not do this and hope that they may turn up. Do these thing reappear? Are there any previous instances of this kind of issue, and what is the usual outcome?

If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate hearing it. Thank you and my apologies if I shouldn’t be posting here.
Last edited by SLP87 on 20 Jan 2022, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.

SLP87

Advice please?!

Post by SLP87 »

Hello, I’m not sure I’m contacting the right person/people. I’m wondering if someone can help me.

An embassy in London attempted to send a few very important documents and pieces of ID to me in Edinburgh. They have sent this via Tracked and Signed 48h, and sent it as an International delivery rather than domestic. RN206393853GB

Since 5th January, tracking is showing as Item dispatched to Heathrow worldwide DC. There has been no movement since. I’ve spoken with RM numerous times and have heard different explanations for this issue. A man who previously worked for International dept has said it’s likely at Returns centre. Another person at complaint escalation dept said yesterday that it’s considered officially lost. It’s an A4 sized envelope, I don’t understand how it can vanish?

I’m hoping that someone can shine some light on what might have happened to it or where it could be. I’m so desperate to get this paperwork, as it’s our last step, in a very long and costly visa application process, to reuniting myself and my baby with my husband overseas. I am now at breaking point with trying to lone parent, along side health issues and need to get back to my husband. My apologies for getting personal, but this is really very important to me and I have nowhere else to ask.

If I report our passports as lost, then the lengthy visa application process has to begin again, so I’d rather not do this and hope that they may turn up. Do these thing reappear? Are there any previous instances of this kind of issue, and what is the usual outcome?

If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate hearing it. Thank you.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Error in delivery method

Post by SpacePhoenix »

What's the tracking number?
SLP87

Post by SLP87 »

Tracking number. RN206393853GB

London- Edinburgh
Tracked & signed for 48h
International code used
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

If it had been sent to the National Returns Centre I'd have expected to still have seen some more tracking entries
SLP87

Post by SLP87 »

Where else could it have gone? Any ideas?
SLP87

Post by SLP87 »

And thanks!