ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Poland-bound International tracked and signed not moved past London AMU

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
kattrin

Poland-bound International tracked and signed not moved past London AMU

Post by kattrin »

Hi,
I'm expecting a very important document sent via international tracked and signed with th delivery aim of 3-5 business days. The letter was last scanned as leaving the UK at London AMU on Jan 12. Since then there have been no scans and no movement according to the Royal Mail and Polish Post tracking websites. I contacted the Polish Post today. Their member of staff advised the item may not have left the UK or if it did it might be going by train?? which I found difficult to believe. The RN website indicates the item was handed to the delivery partner which I assume is the Polish Post indeed.
Are any of you able to offer some guidance on what could have happened? How common is to see delays of this kind with documents? How likely is it that the item isn't going by air mail? I worry i am about to experience a ping pong between RM and PP and never see my document again...
Best,
kat

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Poland-bound International tracked and signed not moved past London AMU

Post by SpacePhoenix »

It's most likely stuck in polish customs
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

If I remember correctly you can click on the partner link site and it lets you either track on their site or informs you who they passed it on to.

However, Poland bound mail was struggling around Christmas time and it may still be recovering. If you check out previous posts by searching the site for Poland - it may give you some insight into what is, and what is likely to happen.

However, usually, when there are delays at Customs most things do get delivered eventually.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
kattrin

Post by kattrin »

Thank you both for your helpful suggestions! The item is visible on the Polish Post website and the last scan is at London AMU.
Having browsed related threads it appears that I'm certainly not the only one facing severe delays. I guess I didn't expect it could take weeks, perhaps months to receive a letter...I will need to report a lost document to the authorities eventually. I'm just not sure what is reasonable here: perhaps another two calendar weeks...
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

It is considered lost after 25 working days.
kattrin

Post by kattrin »

Small update + suggestions welcome on how to move forward: According to Royal Mail the letter has actually been physically present in PL since Jan 12. However it hasn't been officially registered and accepted by the Polish Post who in turn claim according to the IPS the letter is not in PL yet. They will not share the screenshot and will only share more info once RM raise an official claim with them. I can only do so on Feb 4.
My hunch is that the IPS was also used by the Royal Mail agent to establish the letter is physically in PL. The worst part is that the Polish Post are responsible for passing the letter onto customs and they're clearly not in any hurry.
Is there anything I can do between now and Feb 4 to get the letter out of this ridiculous limbo? Also, does anyone know what level of detail is actually visible in the IPS?
Many thanks!