ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Special delivery stuck since Dec 23rd

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Smeebz

Special delivery stuck since Dec 23rd

Post by Smeebz »

Hi

Wondering if I could get some advice. I had a special delivery on its way to me sent on Dec 22 and it got all the way to my local mc (Edinburgh) and has been stuck there since Dec 23rd. Tracking has not changed at all. I've been on the phone to royal mail several times who have essentially said it's lost and unlikely to turn up. Can anyone advise me on what I can do. How can it get lost after its scanned in, and is it likely to ever turn up since its so late? It still says "In transit" as if it is to still be delivered. This is very frustrating as it seems like there is nothing I can do

Any help greatly appreciated

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Special delivery stuck since Dec 23rd

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

How can it get lost after its scanned in, and is it likely to ever turn up since its so late? It still says "In transit" as if it is to still be delivered. How can it get lost after its scanned in, and is it likely to ever turn up since its so late? It still says "In transit" as if it is to still be delivered.
With the process in place, it shouldn't be lost, however, the possibilities as to what happened to it are limitless and without an investigation, it's impossible to say what happened. For instance it could have lost its label with the address and bar code on it, the item could have been damaged in some way, it could even have been stolen, but that's a remote possibility with the security in place.

There is always a chance of it turning up, but the longer it goes on the less the chance of doing so.

The reason it says in transit is probably that that was the last confirmed scan, the next one should have been being passed to the DO that delivers your post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."