ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

sent parcel to Canada

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
steve_x

sent parcel to Canada

Post by steve_x »

Hi

I sent a package from UK to Canada on Dec 13th last year, however since then, the status is still not updated.

Tuesday 14 December 2021
08:24
Item Leaving the UK
LANGLEY HWDC
07:04
Item Received by Royal Mail
LANGLEY HWDC

I guess the package is still held up in the customs and not get scan into the postal system? I used RM international tracked service. I actually sent another package to Canada just a week before (Dec 8th) and it got delivered within a week. But this one seems not moving at all. I wonder how long it is going to take or it is probably lost?

thanks

simmo11

Re: sent parcel to Canada

Post by simmo11 »

Does it show up on Canada Post?
steve_x

Post by steve_x »

from the Canada post website, it still says "waiting for item", to me, it looks like the package hasn't been scanned into their system.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Sounds like customs. You shouldn’t expect things to emerge from customs in the same order they arrive, some customs services use different levels of checking with items picked at random. However, it has been a bit of a long time. What did you send?
steve_x

Post by steve_x »

it is a jacket inside the package. nothing special.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

You are the second person inside of a month to complain about delays with a jacket going to Canada. It could be a coincidence, but it is a bit strange. I don’t suppose it is that common a combination.

viewtopic.php?t=103510
steve_x

Post by steve_x »

thanks Snaggletooth, I have taken a look at that thread, and looks like i am in the same boat. normally how long it will be stuck in the custom or it is just waiting for the next flight to Canada?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

steve_x wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 20:14
thanks Snaggletooth, I have taken a look at that thread, and looks like i am in the same boat. normally how long it will be stuck in the custom or it is just waiting for the next flight to Canada?
I am afraid that Customs in all countries are the Schrodinger's Cat for postal authorities. The only thing you can be sure of is that the item was scanned before it was passed to the Origin customs, after that, until the receiving postal authority scan it, it can be either in the UK Customs, on an aircraft/ship, or in Canadian Customs. They really are the black hole for postal authorities, except that most stuff does eventually get out eventually.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
steve_x

Post by steve_x »

thanks for the reply. yes I believe it will get out finally. in most cases, parcels don't get lost..
steve_x

Post by steve_x »

today my package has arrived at the sorting office, looks good now.

Thursday 20 January 2022
18:55
Item received at Sorting Office
L4W, Canada
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Thanks for the update it helps us, and other customers. :Very Happy
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."