ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Drop & Go... making claims easy

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Witchwood

Drop & Go... making claims easy

Post by Witchwood »

I run a small business, and use the drop & go system. It works very well for us, as we have 50 -100 plus parcels an average day. Most are 2nd or 1st class small parcels with the occasional medium thrown in. Any thing larger goes with couriers, as royal mail way too expensive. We don't usually have a problem with deliveries, and most things arrive on time. We do however get the odd stray parcel, and I just resend another to a customer. I have never claimed before, mainly because the process is so time consuming and a right faff. I guess that's the way RM want it though!
In the run up to xmas and over into new year I have had 18 parcels not arrive. 2 of them to the same customer ( the 2nd parcel was a resend as not received the 1st) One of them was a special delivery to Ireland, the rest UK mainland. I now want to claim, as the order values add up to quite a bit. I cant afford to loose them, and resend another to the customers. Having a drop and go account, I thought it would be easy to claim, and be able to use my 'purchase history' as proof of postage. But it looks like I have to trawl through all of my paper receipts to then take a picture and use that. In the run up to xmas we were sending over 200 parcels a day. The receipts are printed as one, with all the different parcels on. It will take me hours to find the right one etc... Is there an easy way to use my drop and go online account as proof of postage? It would be nice to have a little box next to each tracking number to tick if not received, and then fill out a much simpler form for a claim for account holders.

simmo11

Re: Drop & Go... making claims easy

Post by simmo11 »

The cynic in me would say that RM has a vested interest in making the claims process less than straightforward.