ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tracked 48 loss claim

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
dezza

Tracked 48 loss claim

Post by dezza »

Hi,

I used Tracked 48 (paid for through Click & Drop, not returns) to return an item to a retailer. The item was last scanned at the incoming mail centre two weeks ago but never had a delivery scan. On looking at a map the regional MC is just across the road from the destination address, and RM CS mentioned that it would likely be delivered by them, and not passed to a delivery office.

The company it was sent to require proof of delivery to refund, and won't say if the item has been received, and to contact Royal Mail to file a claim for it. Due to the size of their warehouse, they claim they cannot look for individual items received to check if it arrived without delivery confirmation.

Is it best to file a claim in this matter, as I don't wish to be making a false claim if the item has actually arrived as I suspect it has?

Thanks for any advice.

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Tracked 48 loss claim

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Unless a special arrangement has been made, MCs don't do any deliveries to firms, everything goes via the local DO.

When it had it's "Inward Scan" it will have been sorted to the DO that covers the destination address. It's almost certainly stuck at the local DO
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

I think you have to wait 15 *working* days to put in a claim (note there will be a few bank holidays in that time frame).

Is the destination address a PO Box?
dezza

Post by dezza »

Thanks for the replies.

It's a large warehouse facility, not a PO box. It was addressed to the site of the facility, not a specific building if that makes any difference.

CS suggested a claim can be made seven working days after the scheduled window, I thought it was 10.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

dezza wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 12:21
Thanks for the replies.

It's a large warehouse facility, not a PO box. It was addressed to the site of the facility, not a specific building if that makes any difference.

CS suggested a claim can be made seven working days after the scheduled window, I thought it was 10.
Might be worth googling that to see if they share the site with any other companies. If there are other companies with buildings on the site, it might have gone to the wrong company
dezza

Post by dezza »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 12:24
dezza wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 12:21
Thanks for the replies.

Might be worth googling that to see if they share the site with any other companies. If there are other companies with buildings on the site, it might have gone to the wrong company
Thanks, I'll try that. Without confirmation it's been delivered it's rather difficult to prove on the basis that it 'may' have been delivered without the status update.

Somewhat unrelated but I've noticed a parcel I received last week via Tracked 48 from an Aliexpress seller never showed as delivered on Royal Mail's tracking, but Aliexpress had a record of delivery at the exact time it was handed over, so it wasn't an assumption. The postman definitely scanned the parcel so I assume it's a RM system glitch. Is there some sort of external tracking system that the tracking data feeds into? It's happened a couple of times now.