ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Paying customs fee with stamps

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
dezza

Paying customs fee with stamps

Post by dezza »

Hi, just wondering if anyone might know the following.

Is there a maximum number of stamps that are allowed to be used to pay a Royal Mail fee? The fee owed is nearly £70 which I have enough £5 and 1st class stamps to cover (around 30 in total), however the fee to pay card only has spaces for three stamps.

Thanks.

somekindofnature

Re: Paying customs fee with stamps

Post by somekindofnature »

I didn't have any trouble paying a customs fee using a mishmash of 11 stamps a few months ago. I'd've thought that as long as the delivery office address is visible on the front (and if you run out of space and have to continue on the back, the parcel details aren't covered) it should be fine.
dezza

Post by dezza »

Thanks for the reply - the delivery office staff and RM customer services didn't have a clue. Only issue I can see is if they have to add it all up and don't have a calculator on hand.

Does the fee card have to be sent to the DO, or is it possible to pay in stamps in person? The guy who manned the DO previously encouraged this so the parcel could be given out immediately but I'm not sure if this is technically against the rules, given the provided instructions.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

dezza wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 16:26
Thanks for the reply - the delivery office staff and RM customer services didn't have a clue. Only issue I can see is if they have to add it all up and don't have a calculator on hand.

Does the fee card have to be sent to the DO, or is it possible to pay in stamps in person? The guy who manned the DO previously encouraged this so the parcel could be given out immediately but I'm not sure if this is technically against the rules, given the provided instructions.
You can do either, as long as you follow the current covid restrictions, though you may have to wait while they check the stamps to make sure it covers the cost.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

I'm 90% certain that somewhere on the RM website there'll be page where you can pay the customs fee
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
dezza

Post by dezza »

I usually do pay fees online by card, however I currently have a lot of stamps which would cover the fee.