ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Special delivery stuck since Dec 23rd

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Smeebz

Special delivery stuck since Dec 23rd

Post by Smeebz »

Hi,

I am waiting fir a special deliver which was sent on Dec 22, the tracking followed it from e gland all the way to Edinburgh MC and it has been stuck there since. I have been on the phone to royal who haven't given me much confidence. Is it likely that I will ever see this? Apparently try it still has to go to local sorting office then to be delivered. According to the tracking its still "in transit" which makes it seem like its still going to come. However there have been like 10 delivery days since its been stuck there. Has anyone had any similar experiences and eventually the special delivery turns up? Is there anything I can do?

simmo11

Re: Special delivery stuck since Dec 23rd

Post by simmo11 »

I think the posties on here would say this is highly irregular.

As SD items can be considered "lost" if not delivered once 5 working days have elapsed after postage, probably your best bet at this time is to start the claims process here https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... ims-centre
Smeebz

Post by Smeebz »

Thanks for the reply.

I don't get how it can just be lost if its scanned into the MC, its so strange. Could it be that it has been stolen rather than somehow it has just been lost in the sorting centre.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

What's the tracking number?
Smeebz

Post by Smeebz »

Hey,

It's

NY824277550GB