ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail Lost my Important package

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
System32

Royal Mail Lost my Important package

Post by System32 »

Hi there!
On the 21st on December my sister posted something for me that's very important She was late past last acceptance at 1715 posting so the effective posting day would be on the 22nd December with First Class since the lady at the counter told her it will be there by Christmas, I know the 21st is last recommended but its not a gift but I still need it asap really, I cannot track it which is frustrating, So i was expecting it to come for the 29th but that day has passed a while ago and to this day it has not come, I know the route because she often posts to me Special Next day it's posted Close to Lincoln So it would go to Sheffield then to Chester and then to my DO in Porthmadog, Wales, It should be here by now Since my postman said the other day he was delivering the backlog of the last 4 days on the 3rd, Does anyone know about any issues that I cannot see on the service updates or any possible things that It could still come one day or is it lost or I hate to say it stolen, I don't want to accuse theft but I cannot see why and how you could lose a package of that size its a large bubbled envelope and we have sent loads of packages over the years and none has been "lost".

I thank you for reading my post and any advice or opinions would be great full.
Happy New Years to All! :nana

System32

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Royal Mail Lost my Important package

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Is there a tracking number for it?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

First-class is not tracked. However, Chester MC, which is the main Mail Centre for LL did report delays at the very end of last year and at the beginning of this week. Therefore I think the chances of it still turning up are extremely good.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
System32

Post by System32 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 08:42
First-class is not tracked. However, Chester MC, which is the main Mail Centre for LL did report delays at the very end of last year and at the beginning of this week. Therefore I think the chances of it still turning up are extremely good.
Thank you Yeah I hope it does come and it gives me some relief that you think it still has a good chance of turning up sometime.
System32

Post by System32 »

This does not look good it still has not been delivered!. I guess its lost forever or it has been stolen.. Its been 3 and a half weeks now and I cant see that's its a simple problem, I'm really disappointed in royal mail for this.