ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Delivery issues for several months in Cheshire?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
VaKo

Delivery issues for several months in Cheshire?

Post by VaKo »

I'm in East Cheshire, and since early November we've been having issues with our post service. Tracked items are arriving without any real issues, but for everything else we're getting a delivery once a week at most. I've gone via the normal complaints process and all I'm really being told is that they don't have any service disruptions shown, then a copy/paste about COVID, and then usually a day or so later some poor sod shows up with several weeks worth of mail (the last few of which have all contained plants that died in a sorting center).

So right now, I know there are fairly serious issues with getting mail (to the point where vendors have refused to accept orders and refunded me) and that RM customer service people are clearly not being as forthcoming as they could be with the truth of the matter. What I'd like to know is can anyone tell me how bad the delivery problems currently are, realistically when they might improve, and if there is anything that I can do to start getting at least regular weekly post again?

fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Delivery issues for several months in Cheshire?

Post by fb1969 »

I can't answer for the area of the country you are in, but what you describe is common practice around a lot of the country and has been for some time. There are numerous newspaper reports of similar situations which are in the "News" sub-forum if you can access that.

The company issue the same statement that "every letter is important to us" but many posties on delivery will tell you that is not said within their delivery office. The workload has gone through the roof, part-time contracts are issued for full-time workloads, staff are off sick or isolating, vacancies are not filled, agency casuals have been let go. The recent doubling or tripling of the number of Covid tests to deliver has been taken on on top of a delivery service that was already failing. Posties are told to deliver Tracked items as a priority over 'normal' letter post and the volume of those often means there is not enough time to deliver much else.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Cheshire is quite bad at the moment.

Keep an eye on 3 sections on RMC.

The daily update thread in Customers. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=100690&start=165

Various threads in the Coronavirus News Section. viewforum.php?f=72

Also various threads in the News section. viewforum.php?f=18

The last 2 are local and national articles that are made about Royal Mail, The first one is Royal Mails official list of delays. Oldest First the link will take you to the newest entry
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
VaKo

Post by VaKo »

The thing is, the official list of delays never seems to cover us, and customer service always uses this to say there are no problems in our area.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by fb1969 »

No one on here knows how "bad" things have to be for RM to admit they are bad and to include them in the list of places with problems.

Newspapers and MPs have raised issues with the company and have all received the same fob off reply.

The vast majority of posties are as fed up and disgusted with the level of service currently being provided as you are. The workload has been through the roof for well over a year and a lot of posties are exhausted to say the least, but in all honesty the company itself doesn't really care - if it did care things would never have got as bad as they have. The profits are in Tracked items and as you have seen, it's all they care about.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
clashcityrocker

Post by clashcityrocker »

VaKo wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 19:23
..... and if there is anything that I can do to start getting at least regular weekly post again?
Order a lateral flow test.
In theory they are supposed to bring the mail to every address along with a Tracked item.
Why not phone up Robin Hood
VaKo

Post by VaKo »

Ordering tracked items did work for a bit prior to Christmas, but now only the tracked items arrive when you do this.

But another fun update - some package from ebay came through missing some postage so a gray card was sent in its place. When I paid the £2 charge and booked a re-delivery slot, the earliest option I was given was the 20th of January. A 2 week delay in transporting an item that is currently located in a building 10mins drive from my house kinda explains where the mail system is in far more detail than the news articles here or the apologies I get from the few RM staff who do manage to make it to me.