ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

SD 1pm no tracking updates

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
MrJeeves

SD 1pm no tracking updates

Post by MrJeeves »

Hey all!

I had a SD 1pm item shipped to me on 31 Dec. It only got moving on 4 Dec, obviously, but there's been no updates on it since 7pm last night when it was on the way to the Gatwick MC.

I'm doubtful it's going to get here today, as a result, but I wondered if any of you have an idea about whether someone has lost it or whether there's just a backlog or similar.

NY492345403GB
Last edited by MrJeeves on 05 Jan 2022, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: SD 1pm no tracking updates

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Depending on where you are in the UK it could have been sent to the wrong MC and they will probably forward it on to the correct one tomorrow or there are delays. It all depends on whether Gatwick MC is your local MC.

You can claim, or rather the sender could claim postage back now as it should have been delivered yesterday. That can be claimed even if it turns up, which I think it will.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
MrJeeves

Re: SD 1pm no tracking updates

Post by MrJeeves »

Thanks for the advice!

Gatwick is indeed my local MC, and I've never had issues like this before (usually things turn up before they are meant to!), which was why I thought there might have been some backlog or something at the MC.

I'll let the sender know. :)