ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Status "Item is bagged"

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Khan007

Status "Item is bagged"

Post by Khan007 »

Hi

I posted a letter to India via Royal mail on 18th Dec and status showing as 'Item is bagged'. This was a very urgent letter to be sent and is still not received by the recipient. How do I check what is happening with the delivery?
Tracking number: LB805973946GB

Can someone please help?

Thanks

Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Re: Status "Item is bagged"

Post by Snaggletooth »

I can't see this "item is bagged" status that you refer to (I am using Royal Mail's tracking site). The last tracking point says that it was put on the plane on the 18th:
Tracking history
Saturday 18 December 2021
05:42
Item Leaving the UK
LONDON AMU
Please don't post the same question in multiple threads.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Khan007 wrote:
29 Dec 2021, 15:52
Hi

I posted a letter to India via Royal mail on 18th Dec and status showing as 'Item is bagged'. This was a very urgent letter to be sent and is still not received by the recipient. How do I check what is happening with the delivery?
Tracking number: LB805973946GB

Can someone please help?

Thanks
Its probably in Indian Customs, but it was put into the system after the last posting date for Christmas so its unlikely to arrive until the new year.

and India Post has confirmed there are delays at their end https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... t-bulletin
Latest Update
India Post has updated that the situation remains the same and restrictions have been reintroduced due to due to the current COVID-19 situation. India Post continues to accept inbound international mail but cannot guarantee the delivery standard on all mail types.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
anpunter

Post by anpunter »

Even I have the same situation, LG964573156GB ,posted on 22nd December and the status since 03:22 Thursday December 23 is Item Leaving the UK LONDON AMU. When I checked with the India Post customer service they said they have no information. It has a really important document, not even a parcel.
anpunter

Letter to India stuck at London AMU since 23rd Dec : Internationally Tracked

Post by anpunter »

Hi,

I posted a letter (very important document) to India showing the status : Item Leaving the UK at London AMU since 03:22 Thursday 23rd December 2021.

Tracking ID - LG964573156GB

Not sure where it is right now, has it left the UK? Checked with the India Post customer service and they have no update of this reaching India. Usually it takes 1-2 days maximum to reach Mumbai from LONDOn AMU ( as checked on twitter using some tracking ids). Any pointers would be helpful.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Re: Letter to India stuck at London AMU since 23rd Dec : Internationally Tracked

Post by Snaggletooth »

Yes, it left the UK on the 23rd. Therefore, it is proably stuck in Indian customs.
anpunter

Post by anpunter »

RM and India Post both suck big time. I have a visa appointment and these guys are so incompetent that they can't even track a letter properly.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

anpunter wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 17:52
RM and India Post both suck big time. I have a visa appointment and these guys are so incompetent that they can't even track a letter properly.
Generally no country scans any item when it enters customs, the only exception to that seems to be USPS who seem to scan items before they hand them over to customs.

Until your item gets released by customs, there's nothing that India Post or RM can do