ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is my parcel stuck at customs?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
gulfik

Is my parcel stuck at customs?

Post by gulfik »

Hi,

I've sent a package of passive electrical components (resistors, capacitors, etc) and a circuit board to USA on 13/12. The last update was 'Item Leaving the UK LANGLEY HWDC' on 14/12 and nothing since. I'm wondering if it's because of a customs issue rather than just Xmas delays. How can I tell if it's with UK or US customs? Could someone wiser than me take a look and advise accordingly?

Tracking number - RN785258525GB

Thanks very much in advance for your time.

Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Re: Is my parcel stuck at customs?

Post by Snaggletooth »

UK customs don’t get involved in outbound mail.
gulfik

Post by gulfik »

It's now been 28 days / about 17 working days since the last update on my parcel 'Item Leaving the UK LANGLEY HWDC' on 14/12. I assume my parcel is stuck at US customs awaiting processing and handover to USPS but I can't find anything on the USPS website or elsewhere indicating how long current US customs delays might be. Any tips on how to find out? At what point do I give up and put in a compensation claim with Royal Mail?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

gulfik wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 14:16
It's now been 28 days / about 17 working days since the last update on my parcel 'Item Leaving the UK LANGLEY HWDC' on 14/12. I assume my parcel is stuck at US customs awaiting processing and handover to USPS but I can't find anything on the USPS website or elsewhere indicating how long current US customs delays might be. Any tips on how to find out? At what point do I give up and put in a compensation claim with Royal Mail?
I doubt that USPS would know or be able to find out as customs in America is a government (probably classed as federal) agency
gulfik

Post by gulfik »

This article from 7th Jan 2022 seems to suggest that there is no way of finding out if it is a customs issue but if it is, it might take 30-45 days for them to contact you.

https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article- ... uage=en_US
gulfik

Post by gulfik »

My parcel finally cleared US customs yesterday....phew!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

gulfik wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 18:02
My parcel finally cleared US customs yesterday....phew!
Thanks for the update.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."