ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

International Incident Bulletin

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: International Incident Bulletin

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Phillipines
Start date: 14 May 2023
Latest Update: 31 May 2023
End date: Ongoing
Incident: Central Post Office Fire

Philpost have informed us that a fire has resulted in significant damage to the Central Manila Post Office. The Office of Exchange is unaffected and will remain open and operational. Delays are expected for all items sent to Manila throughout this period.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Phillipines
Start date: 14 May 2023
Latest Update: 31 May 2023
Incident: Central Post Office Fire

Philpost have informed us that a fire has resulted in significant damage to the Central Manila Post Office. The Office of Exchange is unaffected and will remain open and operational. Delays are expected for all items sent to Manila throughout this period.
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

8 June 2023

Libya
Libyan Post have advised us that postal services have now resumed across the country. As a result we will be resuming our service to Libya from the 12th June 2023
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 26th of June 2023

Italy
Start date: 10 May 2023
Latest Update: 26 June 2023
Incident: Flooding

Poste Italiane have provided a further update following the severe flooding which affected the Emilia Romagna and Marche regions. Most areas have now resumed postal services with the exception of the following postcode areas in Emilia Romagna - 47010, 47012, 47014, 47018, 47121, 47122, 48013 and 48018.

Further updates on this issue can be found on the Poste Italiane website
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 6th of July 2023

Canada
Incident Issue date – 4th July
Effecting postings from the 15th June
End Date – to be advised

Canada Post have informed us that delays of up to 7 days may be observed at present due to resourcing issues at the office of exchange and customs through their Toronto gateway. Canada Post will update us on this in due course and delays should be anticipated

Netherlands
Start date: 28 June 2023
Latest Update: 6th July 2023
Incident: PDDP Charging

We have been informed that Post NL are currently experiencing some IT issues that are preventing them from clearing inbound PDDP items as PDDP. Items are being treated as DDU whilst these issues persist. This may result in the recipient being charged twice.

Any customers who encounter this issue should visit the following link and submit a claim form - Objecting to customs clearance costs | PostNL

They are currently working on a fix and we will update on this in due course. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause

Sudan
Start date: 5th July 2023
Affecting Postings: 12th April 2023
Incident: Service Suspension

Restrictions on this route continue to be challenging owing to civil unrest in the country and as a result a full service suspension is now in place. Any items currently held in OEs are expected to be returned to sender.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Italy
Latest Update: 26 June 2023
Incident 1: Flooding

Poste Italiane have provided a further update following the severe flooding which affected the Emilia Romagna and Marche regions. Most areas have now resumed postal services with the exception of the following postcode areas in Emilia Romagna - 47010, 47012, 47014, 47018, 47121, 47122, 48013 and 48018.

Further updates on this issue can be found on the Poste Italiane website

Incident 2: Industrial Action

Poste Italiane have informed us that an 8 hour strike has been called for the 15th July by all major unions including airport handlers. Disruption is therefore expected and delays are likely to be observed during and immediately after the strike
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 17th of July 2023

New Zealand
Start date: 31 January 2023
Latest Update: 17 July 2023
Incident: Torrential Rain / Cyclone

Incident

NZ Post have informed us that a national state of emergency was lifted on the 3rd March with a number of areas now in the recovery stage. Local states of emergency were lifted in the Hawkes Bay and Tairawhiti regions on the 14th March however infrastructure damage remains and this will impact NZ Post’s ability to transport mail and complete deliveries in some areas. As a result, delays may still be experienced
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 19th of July 2023

Hong Kong
Start date: 11 July 2023
Latest Update: 19 July 2023
Incident: Typhoon Talim

Hongkong Post have informed us that a no.8 tropical cyclone warning signal (Typhoon Talim) was raised shortly after midnight on the 17th July. This situation is effecting the processing and conveyance of all domestic and international mail types and customer service centres are also effected. It is expected that the impact will last for a few days before any associated backlog can be cleared and operations return to normal.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Italy
Latest Update: 24 July 2023
Incident 1: Fire

Poste Italiane have informed us that due to a fire at the Catania airport the location has had to close temporarily. As a result delays are to be expected for postal items to and from the below areas during this time until the airport can resume operation:

Agrigento: 92xxx
Caltanissetta: 93xxx
Catania: 95xxx
Enna: 94xxx
Messina: 98xxx
Palermo: 90xxx
Ragusa: 97xxx
Syracuse: 96xxx
Trapani: 91xxx

Start Date: 7th July

Poste Italiane have informed us that due to the continuation of Trade Union agitation locally and operational issues this is causing it will not be possible to guarantee delivery times for items for the following cities and provinces of Florence, Prato, Pistoia and Modena. Disruption is therefore expected and delays are likely to be observed
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Canada
Latest update - 25th July (Incident two)

Incident one

Canada Post have informed us that delays of up to 7 days may be observed at present due to resourcing issues at the office of exchange and customs through their Toronto gateway. Canada Post will update us on this in due course and delays should be anticipated

Incident two

Canada Post have informed us that Nova Scotia has experienced relentless rainfall which has resulted in severe flooding. A state of emergency has been declared and this will effect the processing of all mail types until the situation improves. Delays should be expected during this period.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Italy
Latest Update: 24 July 2023
Incident 1: Fire

Poste Italiane have informed us that due to a fire at the Catania airport the location has had to close temporarily. As a result delays are to be expected for postal items to and from the below areas during this time until the airport can resume operation:

Agrigento: 92xxx
Caltanissetta: 93xxx
Catania: 95xxx
Enna: 94xxx
Messina: 98xxx
Palermo: 90xxx
Ragusa: 97xxx
Syracuse: 96xxx
Trapani: 91xxx

Start Date: 7th July

Poste Italiane have informed us that due to the continuation of Trade Union agitation locally and operational issues this is causing it will not be possible to guarantee delivery times for items for the following cities and provinces of Florence, Prato, Pistoia and Modena. Disruption is therefore expected and delays are likely to be observed

Incident 3: Severe Weather
Start Date: 20th July

Poste Italiane have informed us that adverse weather conditions at Milans Malpensa Airport have caused severe damage to it's facilities and infrastructure which is causing severe disruption in the mail unit. Disruption is therefore expected and delays are likely to be observed during this period.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Slovenia
Start date: 31 July 2023
Latest Update: 7 August 2023

Slovenian Post have informed us that a state of emergency has been declared in the North and North East of Slovenia due to heavy rain fall and flooding. Some places are innacessible and many roads are impassable with facilities damaged including Post Offices which will be closed until the situation improves. Delays are to be expected until the situation improves
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Norway
Start date: 2 August 2023
Latest Update: 10 August 2023
Incident: Extreme Weather

Norway Post have informed that extreme weather has been ravaging central and southern parts of Norway since earlier in the week. Heavy rainfall, flooding and landslides have caused road closures and affected infrastructure. As a result delays are to be expected until further notice

Slovenia

Start date: 31 July 2023
Latest Update: 10 August 2023

Slovenian Post have informed us that a state of emergency has been declared in the North and North East of Slovenia due to heavy rain fall and flooding. Some places are innacessible and many roads are impassable with facilities damaged including Post Offices which will be closed until the situation improves. Delays are to be expected until the situation improves
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

France
Start date: 7 August 2023
Latest Update: 11 August 2023
Incident: IT Issues

Please note that due to IT issues customers currently using our Tracked Heavier services to France may experience slight delays. This may also effect the tracking events which you would typically expect to see as part of this service. We are working to resolve these and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Latest Update 23 August 2023

Canada
Incident: Resourcing Issues and Wildfires

Incident 2
Incident Issue date – 23rd August 2023
Effecting postings from 10th August 2023

Canada Post have advised that unprecedented wildfires are currently raging across the North West and British Columbia forcing a number of relocations. A state of emergency has been declared and delays are to be expected in these areas until further notice.