ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

International Incident Bulletin

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: International Incident Bulletin

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Last updated: Monday 7th March 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Ireland and Thailand

Ireland

Start date: 16 September 2021
Latest Update: 7 March 2022
End date: Ongoing
Incident: Customs delays

Latest Update
We are still experiencing disruptions to some of our services to Ireland. This disruption is still being caused by the implementation of import controls which are resulting in the return of some items by the Irish Customs authorities. Please ensure that you provide full and accurate data before posting your items as this will help reduce the possibility of delays. Royal Mail remains in discussions with our postal partner, AnPost with a view to help identify new processes that could improve the flow of mail items into Ireland and reduce the return of items. In parallel, we have a number of potential alternative services business customers may want to use to post to Ireland including Click and Drop . We’ll provide further updates as we have them.

IOSS HS Code Restrictions
The Irish Custom authority have notified us that they have relaxed their import controls on certain goods and HS codes. Customers sending items to Ireland via IOSS are advised to check the latest restricted HS Tariff codes implemented by Irish Customs. To access the list of restricted HS Tariff codes, please visit our Ireland Page.

Thailand

Start date: 26 February 2022
Latest Update: 7 March 2022
End date: 7 March 2022
Incident: Weather

Latest update
Thailand Post has updated that the rain in the southern part of Thailand has ceased, and postal services are back to normal as of 7 March 2022.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

International Incident Bulletin https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... t-bulletin

Last updated: Tuesday 8th March 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Japan, Philippines and Ukraine

Japan

Start date: 8 March 2022
Latest Update: 8 March 2022
Incident:Airline capacity

Latest Update
We are working with our airline and in country partners across the globe to maintain services. All export routes remain open and Royal Mail Group (Royal Mail and Parcelforce Worldwide) are continuing to accept, process and transport mail out of the UK for delivery across the globe. The current closure of airspace over Russia, Ukraine and Moldova, is affecting the normal routes of some airlines flying between the UK and destinations including Japan. We’re advised by our Japanese airline partners that because of longer routes / fuel costs there is currently reduced air capacity for cargo including mail items. As a result, we are continuing to accept and process items for Japan and working on alternative transit routes for mail and parcels into Japan. Customers are however advised there will be delays to items destined for Japan.

Philippines

Start date: 8 December 2021
Latest Update: 8 March 2022
End date: 1 March 2022
Incident: Typhoon

Original Incident
Philippines Post has updated that following Typhoon Odette (international name Typhoon Rai), postal operations in the affected areas have resumed as normal from 1 March 2022.

Ukraine

Start date: 24 February 2022
Latest update:8 March 2022
End date: To be advised
Incident Airspace currently unavailable

Origional Incident
Due to the rapidly developing situation in Ukraine we have been advised by the Ukrainian postal service (Ukrposhta) that Ukrainian airspace is now closed. We are working with the Ukrainian postal service and other postal partners to establish road routes into the country. We are still accepting items for Ukraine but please be advised that deliveries to all parts of the country are subject to unpredictable delays. We will provide further updates as soon as we receive them.

Ukrainian Post has updated with list of open offices for Postal operation on 28th Feb and most with reduced hours. The Post is doing its best to deliver all incoming postal items to addressees in Ukraine however, this will depend on the security situation in specific locations.

Please note due to the rapid developing situation, offices detailed in list may change.

Latest update
Ukrainian Post has updated on 7th March that due to current situation, some regions do not have regular connection with Kyiv, such as Luhansk region, Chernihiv, Sumy, Kharkiv, Kramatorsk, Kherson, Mykolayiv. As result, the Post cannot guarantee timely delivery in these regions.

Ukraine - Crimea & Sevastopol Regions - Long-Term Suspension

No mail service to Donets 83-87, Luhansk 91-94 Crimea 95-98 and Sevestapol 99 since 2014.
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

International Incident Bulletin https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... t-bulletin

Last updated: Thursday 10th March 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Moldova and Thailand

Moldova

Latest Update: 10 March 2022
Incident: Airspace currently unavailable

Origional Incident
Due to the situation in neighbouring Ukraine, we have been advised that Moldovan airspace is closed. We are working with our postal and transportation partners to put in place alternative routes. We are still accepting items for Moldova but please be advised that there may be short delays to the delivery of your item.

Latest Update
An alternative transit route is in place for Moldova. However as this is a non-direct route, please be advised that there may be short delays to the delivery of your item.

Thailand

Latest Update: 10 March 2022
End date: ongoing
Incident 2: Coronavirus

Incident 1
Thailand Post has updated that the rain in the southern part of Thailand has ceased, and postal services are back to normal as of 7 March 2022.

Incident 2
Thailand Post has updated that mail operations have improved and no delays on final delivery are expected. However, the state of emergency in Thailand is still effective, at least until 31 March 2022.Thailand Post still has to comply with restrictions and safety guidelines which may impact on the processing of international items. As a result, we are currently unable to guarantee delivery standards.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Friday 11th March 2022

Updates have been provided today for: New Zealand https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... t-bulletin

New Zealand

Start date:28 January 2022
Latest Update: 11 March 2022
Incident: Coronavirus

Original Incident
Due to the increase new cases of Omicron, the government has announced it will operate under the code ‘red’ of the traffic lights COVID-19 protection framework. As a result, New Zealand Post has advised that they are experiencing significant delays in processing and delivering items.

Latest Update
New Zealand Post has updated that customers should expect delays of between 10-20 days for International parcels entering New Zealand, particularly for deliveries into Auckland and Hamilton. We will provide an update as soon as this is available.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Friday 18th March 2022

Updates have been provided today for: China

China

Start date: 28 January 2020
Latest update:18 March 2021

Latest Update
China Post have notified that due to Covid restrictions still in place in China, delays of up to 7 days should be expected for items destined for China. We are continuing to work with China Post and will provide an update once the situation has improved.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Tuesday 22nd March 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Italy, Jamaica and Latvia

Italy

Start date: 5 January 2021
Latest update: 22 March 2022
Incident: Customs delays

Latest Update
We have been advised by Poste Italiane that the backlog of items held in Italian customs has been cleared and that delays are no longer being experienced in the processing of postal items. To ensure that your items can continue to be processed without delays, please provide full and accurate data before posting your items.

If you are an international business contract customer and you have signed up for the EU's Import One Stop Shop (IOSS) or if you are sending items via an IOSS registered marketplace, you need to enter your IOSS registration number to each item in the pre-advice to reduce delays. You can find out more about we can help you start, or continue, trading from Great Britain into the EU using IOSS by clicking here

Jamaica

Start date: 27 January 2022
Latest Update: 22 March 2022

Latest Update
Jamaica Post has updated that the Government of Jamaica has lifted the national curfew with effect from Friday, 18th March 2022.

Latvia

Start date: 14 February 2022
Latest Update: 22 March 2022
Incident:Covid Restrictions

Original Incident
Latvian Post has updated that the situation arising from a significant increase in COVID-19 cases among staff members has come to an end. As a result, its postal operations have returned to normal.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Friday 25th March 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Spain

Spain

Latest Update: 25 March 2022
Incident:Transport strike

Original Incident
Customers sending goods (including low value consignments) to the Canary Islands, Ceuta and Melilla now need to electronically report these items to the Spanish customs. To do this, items must be accompanied by the necessary electronic customs data and compliant customs declarations (CN22/CN23). Items that do not fulfil these requirements will be manually processed which is likely to lead to delays and in some cases held until the recipient can be contacted in order to provide any missing information and/or in the case of certain products any supplementary documentation that may be required.

To ensure all items are not held at customs, please ensure you’re providing complete and accurate electronic customs data and customs documentation (CN22/23). Provision of the recipient’s mobile phone number (including country code and/or recipient email address) in electronic data is also recommended to assist in timely delivery of items. It’s particularly important to provide the Spanish address in the correct format as below:

Put the postcode, town and province (in brackets) on one line. Please include ‘SPAIN’ in capital letters on the last line of the address.

Example:

Sra Ana Jimenez

Mimbreras, 4

03201 ELCHE (Alicante)

SPAIN

For help on sending a parcel, view the Spanish country guide here

If you are an international business contract customer and you have signed up for the EU's Import One Stop Shop (IOSS) or if you are sending items via an IOSS registered marketplace, you need to enter your IOSS registration number to each item in the pre-advice to reduce delays. You can find out more about we can help you start, or continue, trading from Great Britain into the EU using IOSS by clicking here

Please note: IOSS can be used to send items into mainland Spain and the Balearic Islands but not into the Canaries, Ceuta and Melilla.

Latest update
Spanish Post has informed that a transport strike has been affecting transport logistics since Monday, 14 March 2022. This industrial action is also affecting transport of mail by Correos. As a result, there may be some delays on mainland road routes within Spain
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Tuesday 29th March 2022

Updates have been provided today for: China

Latest update:29 March 2021

Incident one
China Post have notified that due to Covid restrictions still in place in China, delays of up to 7 days should be expected for items destined for China. We are continuing to work with China Post and will provide an update once the situation has improved.

Latest Update
China Post has updated that a two-phase lockdown has been imposed in Shanghai International Airport to contain a resurgent outbreak of COVID. This lockdown is expected to last for between 4-6 days resulting in delays in processing mail and onward delivery. More information will follow once we receive an update on the situation.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Friday 1st April 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Ascension Island & St Helena, France and Thailand

Ascension Islands & St Helena

Start date: 6 February 2018
Latest update: 1 April 2022
Incident: Runway repair work

Please Note: Mail to the Falkland Islands is unaffected.

Original Incident
Air transportation to Ascension Island & St Helena is greatly reduced due to essential runway repairs. Unfortunately, given the location of the islands, there isn't a viable alternative to air transport. Customers can continue to send mail, but there'll be significant delays in the delivery of all products.

Latest Update
We have been notified that air transportation to Ascension Island & St Helena is greatly reduced. Unfortunately, given the location of the countries, there is no viable alternative which would arrive any earlier. Customers can continue to send mail but there will be significant delays in the delivery of all products. Please note that mail to the Falkland Island is not affected. Last flight closed 25th March 22 has departed as planned. Next flights are to close on 14th April 22. The situation is likely to be ongoing until Airport/runway rebuilding work is complete.

France

Start date: 29 December 2021
Latest Update: 1 April 2022
End date: 1 April 2022

Latest Update
La Poste of France has updated that following the relaxation of public health measures throughout the country, normal postal operations has returned across its network, and the restoration of normal working hours for its public offices.

Thailand

Latest Update: 1 April 2022
End date: ongoing
Incident 2: Coronavirus

Latest update
Thailand Post has updated that the state of emergency in Thailand has been extended to at least until 31 May 2022.The Post still has to comply with restrictions and safety guidelines which may impact on mail processing for international items. As result, Thailand Post is unable to comply with the agreed standards with force majeure to quality of service continue to apply on all mail types until further notice.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Monday 4th April 2022

Updates have been provided today for: China, Hong Kong, Netherlnads and New Zealand

China

Latest update:4 April 2021

Incident one

Latest Update
China Post has updated that the processing of mail is temporarily affected at Shanghai, Changchun and Yanji mail processing centres due to COVID until further notice. This directly delays the processing, transiting and delivery of items. As result, China Post has declared force majeure in regard to the above offices of exchange for all items.

Hong Kong

Start date: 28 January 2021
Latest Update: 4 April 2022

Latest Update
Hong Kong Post has updated that operations at airmail centres have resumed as normal.

Netherlands

Start date:18 February 2022
Latest update:4 April 2022
End date:Ongoing
Incidents:Severe Weather/ IOSS technical issue / Customs backlog

Incident one
Post NL has informed that due to Storm Eunice, there are severe disruption to flights, ferries and road transport. Public transport has been suspended since 14:00 on 18th Feb with people strongly advised not to travel. So consequently, mail processing personnel are not able to attend processing centres. Extra processing capacity have been arranged over the weekend to deal with possible backlogs, however disruption to mail operation is likely until early next week.

Incident two
Due to a technical issue, IOSS items sent to the Netherlands before the 9th of February may be charged duties. Any impacted items are being held in customs until the charges have been paid, however the Netherlands Post will refund these charges. If the Netherlands Post do not refund these charges, you can claim these back via the Post NL customer service page here: https://www.postnl.nl/en/customer-servi ... nce-costs/ . Please note, this issue was quickly detected and rectified meaning that any IOSS items sent to the Netherlands after the 9th of February were not impacted.

Incident three
Post NL have informed that the customs IT issue that was causing delays has now been fixed. Delays should continue to be expected whilst the post work to clear the backlog of items in customs. We will provide an update once this becomes available.

New Zealand

Start date:28 January 2022
Latest Update: 4 April 2022

Origional Incident
Due to the increase new cases of Omicron, the government has announced it will operate under the code ‘red’ of the traffic lights COVID-19 protection framework. As a result, New Zealand Post has advised that they are experiencing significant delays processing and delivering items.

Latest Update
New Zealand Post has updated that customers should expect delays of between 10-20 days for International parcels entering New Zealand, particularly for deliveries into Wellington, Manawatu, Hamilton and Hawkes Bay. We will provide an update as soon as this is available.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Tuesday 5th April 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Ecuador

Ecuador

Start date: 15 December 2021
Latest update:5 April 2022
End date: 8 April 2022
Incident:Service availability

Latest Update
Alternative route established for despatch to resume from 8th April 2022.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Wednesday 6th April 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Chile, Malaysia and Peru

Chile

Start date: 16 March 2020
Latest update: 6 April 2022

Original Incident
Chilean Post has updated that COVID restrictions are no longer in place and Mail operations returned to normal.

Malaysia

Start date: 12 December 2021
Latest Update: 6 April 2022
Incident: Flooding

Incident one
Malaysian Post has updated that the situation has returned to normal after the impact of flooding and all postal operations have resumed since the 1st week of March 22 subject to COVID restrictions.

Incident two
Post Malaysia has updated that COVID-19 prevention measures are still being enforced. Selected Malaysia Post office outlets are temporarily closed owing to COVID-19 control and preventative measures, while others are open as usual. As result, the Post is unable to guarantee compliance with the agreed delivery standards.

Peru

Start date: 4 April 2022
Latest Update:6 April 2022
Incident: Stike Action

Original Incident
Peruvian Post has informed that freight carriers initiated a national strike on 4 April 2022. Consequently, the Government decreed a state of social immobilization on 5 April 2022, which will result in delays in the processing of all mail items.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Thursday 7th April 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Israel

Israel.

Start Date: 5 May 2021
Latest update: 7 April 2022
Incident:Coronavirus

Latest Update
Israeli Post has updated that that mail distribution and collection in the south/centre of the country are no longer subject to interruptions and delays as a result of the security situation. However, the health restrictions communicated previously are still in place and will continue to affect the processing and delivery of items until further notice.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Monday 11th April 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Belarus, Greece, Russia and Ukraine

Belarus

Start date: 11 April 2022
Latest Update: 11 April 2022
Incident:Service availability

Latest Update
We are still despatching postal items to Belarus. We are continually monitoring the situation and will provide an update if there are any changes to our service moving forward.

Greece

Latest Update: 31 January 2022
End date: 11 April 2022
Incident: Customs delays/ IT issue

Latest Update
Due to IT issues/customs system issues, Hellenic Post are unable to process items requiring customs clearance (items from outside the EU). We are continuing to work closely with Hellenic Post to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We will provide an update as soon as this is available.

Please ensure you’re providing complete and accurate electronic customs data and customs documentation (CN22/23).

If you are an international business contract customer and you have signed up for the EU's Import One Stop Shop (IOSS) or if you are sending items via an IOSS registered marketplace, you need to enter your IOSS registration number to each item in the pre-advice to reduce delays.

Russia

Start date: 28 February 2022
Latest Update: 11 April 2022
Incident: Service availability

Latest Update
We are still despatching postal items to Russia. We are continually monitoring the situation and will provide an update if there are any changes to our service moving forward.

Ukraine

Latest update:11 April 2022
Incident Service availability

Origional Incident
Due to the ongoing situation in Ukraine, Ukrainian airspace is still closed. We are still accepting items for Ukraine as normal, however please be advised that deliveries to all parts of the country are subject to unpredictable delays. We are using road routes into Ukraine working with our postal partners and continue to work with the Ukrainian postal service (Ukrposhta) to ensure we can operate a service to Ukraine.

Please see below for a list provided by Ukraine Poste of open Post Offices, most with reduced hours (due to the rapidly developing situation, this is subject to change). Ukrainian Post advised that some regions in particular do not have regular connection with Kyiv, such as Luhansk region, Chernihiv, Sumy, Kharkiv, Kramatorsk, Kherson and Mykolayiv. We will provide further updates as soon as we receive them.

Ukraine - Crimea & Sevastopol Regions - Long-Term Suspension

No mail service to Donets 83-87, Luhansk 91-94 Crimea 95-98 and Sevestapol 99 since 2014.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Tuesday 19th April 2022

Updates have been provided today for: France, New Caledonia and Ukraine

France

Start date: 14 April 2022
Latest Update: 19 April 2022
Incident: IOSS Technical issue

Latest Update
Due to a technical issue, IOSS items currently sent to France may be charged tax/duties. Customers can receive a refund by contacting 0 810 821 821. The French Post (La Poste) is currently working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We will provide an update once this becomes available.

New Caledonia

Start date: 7th September 2021
Latest Update: 19 April 2022
End date: 19 April 2022

Latest Update
New Caledonian Post has updated that mail processing and delivery have returned to normal for Import mail arriving, currently via New Zealand.

Ukraine

Latest update:19 April 2022
Incident Service availability

Original Incident
Due to the ongoing situation in Ukraine, Ukrainian airspace is still closed. We are still accepting items for Ukraine as normal, however please be advised that deliveries to all parts of the country are subject to unpredictable delays. We are using road routes into Ukraine working with our postal partners and continue to work with the Ukrainian postal service (Ukrposhta) to ensure we can operate a service to Ukraine.

Latest Update
The Ukrainian postal service has provided an update that road access for postal exchanges with Ukrposhta’s centre in Kyiv is severely limited, some international mail processing operations have been moved to Lviv. Longer transit times are to be expected because of queues at the border and difficult road connections inside Ukraine. Ukrposhta remains committed to maintaining its postal operations, but will not be able to guarantee compliance with the agreed standards.

Additional information on open post offices and their working hours is updated daily on Ukrposhta’s webpage at: offices.ukrposhta.ua. with further update to be provided when available from the Post.