ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

International Incident Bulletin

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: International Incident Bulletin

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Last updated: 14th of February 2023

Welcome to our international incident bulletin; a roundup of any issues that may be impacting our parcel and letter services to and from countries around the world. We keep this information as up to date as possible, with information supplied to Royal Mail by the various foreign national postal authorities.

Service Update
International services have been reinstated to all destinations for purchase online and through our shipping solutions with the exception of a small number of International Untracked services for Business Contract customers where alternative services are available. 

Delivery of International items may take slightly longer than usual. Customers using International Tracked / International Tracked and Signed services may notice different tracking information as items leave the UK. We are seeing some delays to some Tracking events in a small number of destinations. As we continue to work with our partners to resolve this, if you cannot see tracking information for your items then it is likely to be available on the overseas’ Posts own tracking websites.

At this time, we are unable to process new Royal Mail parcels and large letters requiring a customs declaration purchased through Post Office branches. We are working hard to resume more services through Post Office branches and will provide further updates on these as soon as possible.

Import operations continue to perform a full service with some minor delays. Domestic services remain unaffected.

We would like to apologise to impacted customers for the disruption this incident is causing. 

Recently Updated
Finland
United States
Turkey

Finland

Start date:7 February 2023
Latest update:14 February 2023
Incident: Strikes

Latest Update

Finnish Post have advised us that the Transport Workers Union (AKT) and the Postal and Logistics Union (PAU) have announced a series of strikes scheduled for February 15-21. As a result delays are likely during this period

Turkey
Start date: 30 January 2023
Latest update:9 February 2023
Incident: Earthquake

Latest Update

Turkish Post has informed that two large earthquakes have hit the Southern and South Eastern regions of the country on the 6th February and a state of emergency has been declared.

This will severely impact mail operations and delays are to be expected across all affected areas

USA
Start date: 28 December 2022
Latest update:9 February 2023
End date:9 February 2023
Incident: Winter storm

Latest Update

USPS has advised that mail operations have resumed following the snow storm. Some delivery delays may still be experienced due to local conditions.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 15th of February 2023

Welcome to our international incident bulletin; a roundup of any issues that may be impacting our parcel and letter services to and from countries around the world. We keep this information as up to date as possible, with information supplied to Royal Mail by the various foreign national postal authorities.

Service Update
International services have been reinstated to all destinations for purchase online and through our shipping solutions with the exception of a small number of International Untracked services for Business Contract customers where alternative services are available. 

Delivery of International items may take slightly longer than usual. Customers using International Tracked / International Tracked and Signed services may notice different tracking information as items leave the UK. We are seeing some delays to some Tracking events in a small number of destinations. As we continue to work with our partners to resolve this, if you cannot see tracking information for your items then it is likely to be available on the overseas’ Posts own tracking websites. Please see here for more information.

At this time, we are unable to process new Royal Mail parcels and large letters requiring a customs declaration purchased through Post Office branches. We are working hard to resume more services through Post Office branches and will provide further updates on these as soon as possible.

Import operations continue to perform a full service with some minor delays. Domestic services remain unaffected.

We would like to apologise to impacted customers for the disruption this incident is causing. 

Recently Updated

New Zealand
Start date: 31 January 2023
End date: Ongoing
Incident: Torrential Rain / Cyclone

Incident one

NZ Post have informed us that torrential rain across the Auckland region has caused widespread flooding. The severe weather conditions in Auckland and surrounding regions are affecting the delivery and collection of all mail items and a state of emergency has been declared. Further weather-related disruption is expected in the coming days.

All international inbound/outbound mail handling and processing is affected as extreme flooding and road closures into and out of Auckland have impacted NZ Post’s ability to transport mail and complete deliveries in many areas. As a result, delays should be expected

Incident two

NZ Post have informed us that a national state of emergency was declared on the 14 February due to Cyclone Gabrielle with widespread weather warnings in place. This will heavily impact NZ Post’s ability to transport mail and complete deliveries in many areas and as a result, delays should be expected
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 17th of February 2023

Service Update

Delivery of International items may take slightly longer than usual. Customers using International Tracked / International Tracked and Signed services may notice different tracking information as items leave the UK. We are seeing some delays to some Tracking events in a small number of destinations. As we continue to work with our partners to resolve this, if you cannot see tracking information for your items then it is likely to be available on the overseas’ Posts own tracking websites. Please see here for more information.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 20th of February 2023

Service Update

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 21st of February 2023

Service Update
Royal Mail International Export services* have now been reinstated to all destinations for purchase online, through shipping solutions and over the counter at Post Office branches.

Delivery of International items may take slightly longer than usual. Customers using International Tracked / International Tracked and Signed services may notice different tracking information as items leave the UK. We are seeing some delays to some Tracking events in a small number of destinations. As we continue to work with our partners to resolve this, if you cannot see tracking information for your items then it is likely to be available on the overseas’ Posts own tracking websites. Please see hereOpens in a new window for more information.

Customers sending items requiring a customs declaration (such as goods or gifts) internationally are asked to purchase postage online, through shipping solutions or over the counter at Post Office branches rather than use Postage Stamps or Meters.

*with the exception of a small number of International Untracked services for Business Contract customers where alternative services are available. 
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 22nd of February 2023

Service Update
Royal Mail International Export services* have now been reinstated to all destinations for purchase online, through shipping solutions and over the counter at Post Office branches.

Delivery of International items may take slightly longer than usual. Customers using International Tracked / International Tracked and Signed services may notice different tracking information as items leave the UK. We are seeing some delays to some Tracking events in a small number of destinations. As we continue to work with our partners to resolve this, if you cannot see tracking information for your items then it is likely to be available on the overseas’ Posts own tracking websites. Please see hereOpens in a new window for more information.

Customers sending items requiring a customs declaration (such as goods or gifts) internationally are asked to purchase postage online, through shipping solutions or over the counter at Post Office branches rather than use Postage Stamps or Meters.

*with the exception of a small number of International Untracked services for Business Contract customers where alternative services are available. 
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 23rd of February 2023

Welcome to our international incident bulletin; a roundup of any issues that may be impacting our parcel and letter services to and from countries around the world. We keep this information as up-to-date as possible, with information supplied to Royal Mail by the various foreign national postal authorities.

Service Update

Delivery of International items may take slightly longer than usual. Customers using International Tracked / International Tracked and Signed services may notice different tracking information as items leave the UK. We are seeing some delays to some Tracking events in a small number of destinations. As we continue to work with our partners to resolve this, if you cannot see tracking information for your items then it is likely to be available on the overseas’ Posts own tracking websites.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 24th of February 2023

Service Update

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 27th of February 2023

Service Update

HS Code Update January 2022
On January 1st 2022, the World Customs Organisation (WCO), an independent intergovernmental body that serves as the voice of the customs community, implemented the 7th edition of its Harmonised System (HS). This means the data requirements have changed in areas including HS codes and duty and VAT rates, as well as having implications for prohibited and restricted goods screening.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

https://www.royalmail.com/international ... t-bulletin

Last updated: 28th of February 2023

Service Update

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 1st of March 2023

Service Update

Export

Delivery of International items may take slightly longer than usual.

Customers using International Tracked / International Tracked and Signed services may notice different tracking information as items leave the UK.

We are seeing some delays to some Tracking events in a small number of destinations.

As we continue to work with our partners to resolve this, if you cannot see tracking information for your items then it is likely to be available on the overseas’ Posts own tracking websites. Please see hereOpens in a new window for links to the overseas’ Posts websites to access tracking information.

Customers sending items requiring a customs declaration (such as goods or gifts) internationally should purchase postage online, through shipping solutions or over the counter at Post Office branches rather than using Postage Stamps or Meters.

A small number of International Untracked services for Business Contract customers remain unavailable however alternative services are available for use. 

Import

Import operations continue to perform a full service with some minor delays.

We would like to apologise to impacted customers for the disruption. 
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 2nd of March 2023

Service Update
Export

Customers using International Tracked / International Tracked and Signed services may notice different tracking information as items leave the UK.

We are seeing some delays to some Tracking events in a small number of destinations.

As we continue to work with our partners to resolve this, if you cannot see tracking information for your items then it is likely to be available on the overseas’ Posts own tracking websites.

Customers sending items requiring a customs declaration (such as goods or gifts) internationally should purchase postage online, through shipping solutions or over the counter at Post Office branches rather than using Postage Stamps or Meters.

A small number of International Untracked services for Business Contract customers remain unavailable however alternative services are available for use. 

Import

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 3rd of March 2023

Service Update

Export

As we continue to work with our partners to resolve this, if you cannot see tracking information for your items then it is likely to be available on the overseas’ Posts own tracking websites. Please see hereOpens in a new window for links to the overseas’ Posts websites to access tracking information.

Import

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 6th of March 2023

Service Update
Export

As we continue to work with our partners to resolve this, if you cannot see tracking information for your items then it is likely to be available on the overseas’ Posts own tracking websites.

Import

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 7th of March 2023

Service Update
Export

Import