ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

International Incident Bulletin

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: International Incident Bulletin

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Last updated: Wednesday 17th of August 2022

Updates have been provided today for: New Zealand

New Zealand

Start date:28 January 2022
Latest Update: 17 August 2022
End date: 17 August 2022
Incident: Delivery delays/Coronavirus

Latest update
New Zealand Post have updated that they are now experiencing normal levels of service as of the 15th of August.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Friday 19th of August 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Australia

Australia

Start date: 12 March 2020
Latest Update: 19 August 2022
End date: Ongoing
Incident:Airline capacity

Latest Update
The movement of items into Australia continues to be subject to airfreight supply and performance difficulties which is resulting in the delivery standards currently being outside the current advertised delivery specification. Royal Mail continue to work to find alternate capacity and on work on short term performance improvement activities.
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 22nd of August 2022

Updates have been provided today for: New Caledonia

New Caledonia

Start date: 7 June 2022
Latest Update: 22 August 2022
End date: 22 August 2022
Incident: Airline capacity issues

Latest Update
New Caledonian Post has updated that it is no longer experiencing transportation difficulties and that the situation has returned to normal with effect from 17 August 2022.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Friday 2nd of September 2022

Updates have been provided today for: China, Indonesia and Pakistan

China

Start date: 28 January 2020
Latest update: 2 September 2022
Incident:Operational delays

Latest Update
Items destined for China are still experiencing delays due to ongoing operational delays within China. As a result, China post is unable to guarantee compliance with the agreed delivery standards and delays should be expected for items destined for China. We are continuing to work with China post and will provide an update once the situation has improved.

Indonesia

Start date: 13 March 2020
Latest Update: 2 September 2022
End date:1 September 2022
Incident: Coronavirus

Latest Update
Indonesian Post has updated that the state of emergency with regard to COVID-19 has been lifted. As a result, the processing of items has returned to normal from 1 September 2022.

Pakistan

Start date: 22 August 2022
Latest Update: 2 September 2022
Incident: Flooding

Latest Update
Pakistan Post has informed that certain areas of the country are currently affected by flooding. As a result, there may be disruption to mail operations and delays to the delivery of postal items.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Tuesday 13th of September 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Honduras, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and Thailand

Honduras

Start date: 16 March 2020
Latest Update: 13 September 2022
End date: 13 September 2022

Latest Update
Honduran Post has updated that Coronavirus restrictions are no longer in place and the post is operating as normal.

New Zealand

Start date: 11 March 2022
Incident:Coronavirus/aircarrier availability

Latest Update
Over the past weeks letters and parcel items destined for New Zealand have suffered delays of approx 5 days due to operational difficulties driven by the COVID pandemic locally in New Zealand. Whilst these delays have now receded, a new issue has emerged where due to resource issues with airline partners, there are currently delays of up to 3 days for mail destined for New Zealand.

Sri Lanka

Start date: 1st April 2021
End date: 12 September 2022

Latest update
Sri Lankan Post has updated that postal operations in Sri Lanka have returned to normal with effect from 12th September 2022.

Thailand

Start date: 8 March 2022
Incident 2: Coronavirus

Update one
Thailand Post has updated that the state of emergency in Thailand has been extended to at least the 30th September 2022. The Post still has to comply with restrictions and safety guidelines which may impact the processing and delivery of international items. As result, Thailand Post is unable to comply with the agreed standards until further notice.

Update two
Thailand Post has informed that as a result of very heavy rain, there has been flash floods in many areas of Thailand. This is causing delays in the transportation and delivery of items.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

International Incident Bulletin

Last updated: Friday 16th of September 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Australia, Bermuda, Canada, Cook Island and New Zealand

Australia

Start date: 12 March 2020
Latest Update: 16 September 2022
Incident: Airline capacity

Incident one
The movement of items into Australia continues to be subject to airfreight supply and performance difficulties which is resulting in the delivery standards currently being outside the current advertised delivery specification. Royal Mail continue to work to find alternate capacity and on work on short term performance improvement activities.

Latest Update
On Thursday 22nd of September 2022, all parts of Australia will observe the day as a National Public Holiday to commemorate the life of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. As a result, delays in the delivery of items destined for Australia should be expected during this time.

Bermuda

Start date: 16 September 2022
Incident:Bank Holiday

Latest Update
On Monday 19th of September 2022, Bermuda will observe the day as a National Public Holiday to commemorate the life of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. As a result, delays in the delivery of items destined for Bermuda should be expected during this time.

Canada

Start date: 16 September 2022
Latest update: 16 September 2022

Latest Update
On Monday 19th of September 2022, all parts of Canada will observe the day as a National Public Holiday to commemorate the life of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. As a result, delays in the delivery of items destined for Canada should be expected during this time.

Cook Island

Start date: 16 January 2020
Latest update: 16 September 2022

Latest Update
On Friday 30th of September 2022, Cook Island will observe the day as a National Public Holiday to commemorate the life of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. As a result, delays in the delivery of items destined for Cook Island should be expected during this time.

New Zealand

Incident:aircarrier availability/ bank holiday

Incident One
Over the past weeks letters and parcel items destined for New Zealand have suffered delays of approx 5 days due to operational difficulties driven by the COVID pandemic locally in New Zealand. Whilst these delays have now receded, a new issue has emerged where due to resource issues with airline partners, there are currently delays of up to 3 days for mail destined for New Zealand.

Latest Update
On Monday 26th of September 2022, all parts of New Zealand will observe the day as a National Public Holiday to commemorate the life of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. As a result, delays in the delivery of items destined for New Zealand should be expected during this time.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Tuesday 27th of September 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Aruba, Cayman Islands and New Zealand

Aruba

Start date: 26 September 2022
Latest update: 26 September 2022
Incident: Industrial action

Original Incident
Aruba Post has informed that the postal workers union has called a strike, effective from the 26th of September 2022. As a result, delays should be expected for items destined for Aruba until further notice.

Cayman Islands

Start date: 23 September 2022
Latest Update: 23 September 2022
Incident:Hurricane Hermine

Latest Update
The post of the Cayman Islands has informed that the Government has issued a hurricane alert for Hurricane Hermine. All post offices in the Cayman Islands ceased operating on Friday 23rd of September 2022. As a result, delays should be expected for items destined for the Cayman Islands until further notice.

New Zealand

Latest Update: 27 September 2022
Incident:Covid related absences

Latest Update
New Zealand Post have updated that there are delivery delays of up to two working days in the Lower South Island. Winter illnesses/ COVID-related absences are delaying deliveries by up to 2 working days in the Waikato and Hawke’s Bay regions.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Monday 3rd of October 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Ascension Islands & St Helena, Canada, Cayman Islands and Thailand

Ascension Islands & St Helena

Start date: 6 February 2018
Latest update: 3 October 2022
Incident: Runway repair work

Please Note: Mail to the Falkland Islands is unaffected.

Original Incident
Air transportation to Ascension Island & St Helena is greatly reduced due to essential runway repairs. Unfortunately, given the location of the islands, there isn't a viable alternative to air transport. Customers can continue to send mail, but there'll be significant delays in the delivery of all products.

Latest Update
We have been notified that air transportation to Ascension Island & St Helena is greatly reduced. Unfortunately, given the location of the countries, there is no viable alternative which would arrive any earlier. Customers can continue to send mail but there will be significant delays in the delivery of all products. Please note that mail to the Falkland Island is not affected.The last flight closed on the 25th of August as planned. The next flight is to close on 4th October 22. The situation is likely to be ongoing until Airport/runway rebuilding work is complete.

Canada

Start date: 28 September 2022
Latest Update: 3 October 2022
End date:Ongoing
Incident:Toronto delays/Hurricane Fiona

Incident one
Canada Post have provided an update that they are currently experiencing scanning and resourcing issues within Toronto. As a result, delays should be expected for items destined for Toronto in postcodes beginning with L and ending with P until further notice.

Incident two
Canada Post has informed that Hurricane Fiona has brought devastation to the Atlantic provinces of Canada. The hurricane has caused damage across Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. Authorities are still assessing the damage and the work needed to reopen roads and restore power. As a result, delays should be expected for items destined for the below postcodes until further notice:

B2J, B2H, B4H, B2N, B0M, B0K, B0L, B0P 1T0, B0M 1E0, B0H 1X0, B0J 3B0, B0J 1A0, B0J 2A0, B0C 1G0, B0C 1H0, B1A 1A0, B1G 1A0, B1J 1B0, B1J 1B0, B1W 1A0, B1Y 1B0, B1Y 1E0, B1A 4X0, B0C 1K0, B0C 1L0, B2C 1A0, B1C 1A0, B1K 1A7, B0C 1N0, B1H 1A0, B1B 1A0, B1E 1A0, B0C 1R0, B1L 1A0, B1V 2L0, B1P 1T0, B1N 1L0, B1A 4X0, B1H 1Y0, B2A 3Y6, B1P 5Z0, E8T, C1A, C1B, C0A, C1N, C0B.

Cayman Islands

Start date: 23 September 2022
End date: 3 October 2022
Incident:Hurricane weather warning

Latest Update
The post of the Cayman Islands has updated that no postal facilities suffered any structural damage from Hurricane Ian and as a result all postal operations have resumed.

Thailand

Incident 2: Coronavirus/ flooding

Update one
Thailand Post has updated that the state of emergency in Thailand has been extended to at least the 30th September 2022. The Post still has to comply with restrictions and safety guidelines which may impact the processing and delivery of international items. As result, Thailand Post is unable to comply with the agreed standards until further notice.

Update two
Thailand Post has informed that Tropical Storm Noru hit Thailand on the 30th of September and created floods/blockages. As a result, delays should be expected for items destined to Thailand within the following postcode ranges until further notice: 10XXX, 11XXX, 12XXX, 13XXX, 15XXX, 16XXX, 24XXX, 25XXX, 26XXX, 30XXX, 31XXX, 32XXX, 33XXX, 34XXX, 35XXX, 36XXX, 40XXX, 42XXX, 44XXX, 45XXX, 50XXX, 60XXX, 65XXX,67XXX, 72XXX and 73XXX.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Tuesday 11th of October 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Ascension Islands & St Helena and El Salvador

Ascension Islands & St Helena

Start date: 6 February 2018
Latest update: 11 October 2022
Incident: Runway repair work

Please Note: Mail to the Falkland Islands is unaffected.

Original Incident
Air transportation to Ascension Island & St Helena is greatly reduced due to essential runway repairs. Unfortunately, given the location of the islands, there isn't a viable alternative to air transport. Customers can continue to send mail, but there'll be significant delays in the delivery of all products.

Latest Update
We have been notified that air transportation to Ascension Island & St Helena is greatly reduced. Unfortunately, given the location of the countries, there is no viable alternative which would arrive any earlier. Customers can continue to send mail but there will be significant delays in the delivery of all products. Please note that mail to the Falkland Island is not affected. Last flight departed on the 4th of October 2022 as planned. Next flight is to depart on 21st of October 2022. The situation is likely to be ongoing until Airport/runway rebuilding work is complete.

El Salvador

Start date: 1 October 2022
Latest update: 1 October 2022
Incident:Storm Julia

Latest Update
El Salvador Post has informed that the heavy rainfall caused by Storm Julia throughout the country has impacted the road network. This situation is disrupting mail operations for the acceptance, processing, distribution and dispatch of international mail. As a result, delays should be expected for items destined to El Salvador until further notice.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Thursday 13th of October 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Malta, Jamaica and USA

Jamaica

Start Date: 25 April 2022
Latest update: 1 October 2022
End date: 13 October 2022
Incident:IT issue

Incident one
Jamaica Post has informed that the international mail processing centre, has now resolved the IT issues affecting mail processing and customs-related procedures.

Malta

Start date: 13 January 2022
Latest Update: 15 September 2022
Incident: Customs data

Latest Update
Malta Post has provided an update that in order to avoid delays, it is important that complete and accurate electronic customs data is provided along with customs documents (CN22/23). Provision of the recipient’s mobile phone number (including country code) and/or recipient email address in electronic data is also recommended to assist in timely delivery of items. Items that do not fulfil these requirements will be manually processed by Malta Post which is likely to lead to delays. In some cases, items will be held until the recipient can be contacted in order to provide any missing information and/or in the case of certain products any supplementary documentation that may be required.

Incident two:
Latest Update: 12 October 2022
Malta Post has announced that the state of emergency with regards to COVID-19 has been lifted. As a result, all services have returned to normal with immediate effect.

USA

Start date: 5 October 2022
Latest update:13 October 2022
Incident: Hurricane Ian

USPS, has informed that Hurricane Ian has caused major disruptions in areas of Florida. USPS is working with local authorities for safe and timely processing and delivery of mail, where possible; however, there may be delays to your items. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide any updates.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Thursday 20th of October 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Canada, Guatemala and Italy

Canada

Start date: 28 September 2022
Latest Update: 20 October 2022
End date:Ongoing
Incident:Toronto delays/Hurricane Fiona

Incident one
Canada Post have provided a further update regarding the scanning and resourcing issues within Toronto. They have informed that these issues are ongoing and are particularly affecting Untracked and Signed items. As a result, significant delays should be expected, for items destined for Toronto, in postcodes beginning with L and ending with P, until further notice.

Incident two
Canada Post has informed that Hurricane Fiona has brought devastation to the Atlantic provinces of Canada. The hurricane has caused damage across Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. Authorities are still assessing the damage and the work needed to reopen roads and restore power. As a result, delays should be expected for items destined for the below postcodes until further notice:

B2J, B2H, B4H, B2N, B0M, B0K, B0L, B0P 1T0, B0M 1E0, B0H 1X0, B0J 3B0, B0J 1A0, B0J 2A0, B0C 1G0, B0C 1H0, B1A 1A0, B1G 1A0, B1J 1B0, B1J 1B0, B1W 1A0, B1Y 1B0, B1Y 1E0, B1A 4X0, B0C 1K0, B0C 1L0, B2C 1A0, B1C 1A0, B1K 1A7, B0C 1N0, B1H 1A0, B1B 1A0, B1E 1A0, B0C 1R0, B1L 1A0, B1V 2L0, B1P 1T0, B1N 1L0, B1A 4X0, B1H 1Y0, B2A 3Y6, B1P 5Z0, E8T, C1A, C1B, C0A, C1N, C0B.

Guatemala

Last reviewed: 19 October 2022

Latest Update
Due to a carrier backlog at the Transit hub, Guatemala Post have advised that journey time to Guatemala may be extended, and customers may experience delays.

Italy

Start Date: 22 March 2022
Latest update: 9 August 2022
Incident:Delays

Latest Update
We continue to see delays for items destined for Italy. To allow your items to be processed as quickly as possible, please provide full and accurate data before posting your items. An update will be provided once the situation has improved.

Start Date: 19 October 2022
Latest update: 20 October 2022

Latest Update
Post Italiane has informed that a 24 hour strike, by the Ait Traffic Controllers commencing on the 21 October 2022 has been called by major Italian unions, involving all Italian airports. There are also several other strikes involving ground handlers on the same day. Delays are expected on both inbound and outbound items in both Milano Linate and Milano Malpensa Airports as a result.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Monday 24th of October 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Thailand

Thailand

Latest Update: 24 October 2022
Incident 2: Coronavirus/ flooding

Update one

Update two
Thailand Post has provided an update that the following list of postcode areas are still are impacted by flooding from tropical storm Noru: 12XXX, 13XXX, 14XXX, 15XXX, 16XXX, 17XXX, 18XXX 24XXX, 25XXX 32XXX, 33XXX, 34XXX 44XXX, 46XXX 60XXX, 61XXX, 66XXX 73XXX
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Friday 28th of October 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Belgium, China, Germany, Portugal and Ukraine

Belgium

Start date: 9 November 2022
Latest Update: 28 October 2022
End date: 9 November 2022
Incident:Industrial Action

Latest Update
Belgian Post has informed that the major Belgian trade unions have called a 24-hour general strike, commencing at 00.01 on the 9th of November 2022. This strike will impact deliveries and therefore delays should be expected for items destined to Belgium during this time period.

China

Start date: 28 January 2020
Latest update: 28 October 2022
Incident:Operational delays

Latest Update
Items destined for China may still be experiencing delays due to operational delays within China. We are continuing to work with China post and will provide an update once the situation has improved.

Germany

Start date: 17 October 2022
Latest update: 28 October 2022
Incident:Coronavirus

Latest Update
Deutsche Post of Germany has informed that due to increasing COVID-19 infections among staff, it is currently encountering challenges in delivering items within promised delivery timescales.These challenges are mainly at local or regional levels rather than nationwide but may affect different parts of Germany with delays. As a result, minor delays may be experienced for items destined for Germany until further notice.

Portugal

Start date: 28 October 2022
Latest Update: 28 October 2022
Incident: Industrial Action

Latest Update
Portugal Post has informed that there will be a postal strike on the 31st of October and the 2nd of November 2022. Contingency plans are in place, however delays may be observed during and immediately after the strike period.

Ukraine

Start date: 24 February 2022
Latest update:28 October 2022
End date: To be advised
Incident Service availability

Latest Update
We continue to make regular mail despatch to Ukraine transiting via our Postal Partners. Ukraine Post has updated that the country’s infrastructure has suffered severe damage. The attacks on the power grid and local energy facilities are necessitating rolling power cuts lasting from one to four hours. In some cases, following a direct missile strike, power may be cut off for several days in certain areas. In areas without active hostilities, all Ukrposhta post offices will remain open. In places with up to 24 hours power outage, Ukrposhta employees will hand out postal items and pay out money orders and upload the delivery data into the system at a later stage, once power and Internet access are restored. Sorting facilities are equipped with electricity generators to ensure uninterrupted work and maintain normal customs and sorting procedures. However, operationally there may be delays. Therefore, delays should continue to be expected for items destined to Ukraine until further notice.

Ukraine - Crimea & Sevastopol Regions - Long-Term Suspension

No mail service to Donets 83-87, Luhansk 91-94 Crimea 95-98 and Sevestapol 99 since 2014.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Tuesday 8th of November 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Greece, Hong kong and Thailand

Greece

Start date: 9 November 2022
Latest update: 9 November 2022
End date: 9 November 2022
Incident:Industrial Action

Latest Update
Hellenic Post of Greece has informed that the Confederation of the Greek workers and the Association of the Civil Servants have announced a 24-hour strike on Wednesday, the 9th of November. Air traffic controllers have also announced a 6 hour work stoppage from 10:00 to 16:00 (local time). As a result, delays are to be expected during and immediately after the strike period.

Hong Kong

Start date: 2 November 2022
Latest update: 8 November 2022
Incident:Storm Nalgae

Latest Update
Hong Kong Post informed that a cyclone warning relating to Tropical Storm Nalgae was issued on the 2nd of November 2022. The processing and conveyance of all items was disrupted, impacting quality of service for all services.The Post will provide an update when available.

Thailand

Latest Update: 8 November 2022
Incident 2:Flooding

Latest Update
Thailand Post has provided an update that the following list of postcode areas are still are impacted by flooding from tropical storm Noru: 13XXX and 34XXX
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 15th of November 2022

Updates have been provided today for: Aruba, El Salvador, Haiti, Hong kong and Israel

Aruba

Start date: 26 September 2022
Latest update: 26 September 2022
End date: 9th November 2022
Incident: Industrial action

Original Incident
Aruba Post has updated that the postal strike is over and normal operation has resumed.

El Salvador

Start date: 1 October 2022
Latest update: 15 November 2022
End date: 15 November 2022
Incident:Storm Julia

Latest Update
El Salvador Post has informed that the heavy rainful has ceased and postal operations have resumed as normal.

Haiti- On Suspension

Start date: 5 November 2022
Incident:Suspension of service

Latest Update
There is currrently no available route to Haiti. Posted items will be processed for return to senders until route available for resumption.

Hong Kong

Start date: 2 November 2022
End date: 15 November 2022
Incident:Storm Nalgae

Latest Update
Hong Kong Post has updated that the processing and delivery of mail has resumed as normal with effect from 8 November 2022.

Israel

Start Date: 5 May 2021
Incident:Coronavirus / backlog

Incident one
Israeli Post has updated that Covid-19 health restrictions are still in place and will continue to affect the processing and delivery of items until further notice.

Incident two
Israeli Post has updated that they are currently working to clear a backlog of items within their sorting centre. As a result, delays may be experienced for items destined for Israel until this backlog has been cleared. An update will be provided once available.