ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Packages Stuck?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Briggsy96

Packages Stuck?

Post by Briggsy96 »

Hi,

I have several packages from China that have been stuck in Langley/Heathrow for days now. They have cleared customs but just haven’t moved, does anyone know what’s happening to these? Normally once they clear customs they are on there way, but they aren’t. I can provide tracking numbers if needed, I just want some help or advice please.

Thanks

p0m0sapien

Re: Packages Stuck?

Post by p0m0sapien »

I have no insight but I'm just posting to say its not just you! My packages from China cleared customs on November 30th according to tracking but they haven't moved since.
Only took them 17 days to reach Heathrow but now they're on the last leg they've been hanging around for 9 days. This is the longest delay I've experienced but I can only assume they're caught in an Xmas backlog. I'll worry after another week.
I'm just hoping there hasn't been an issue with the packaging or anything.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

For either / both of you it would be good to see some tracking information and / or tracking numbers. Because lots of these items from China use bulk shipping arrangements, meaning they aren’t actually in the postal system.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Also, not much we can say in either case with the information you have provided so far.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Briggsy96 wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 15:47
Hi,

I have several packages from China that have been stuck in Langley/Heathrow for days now. They have cleared customs but just haven’t moved, does anyone know what’s happening to these? Normally once they clear customs they are on there way, but they aren’t. I can provide tracking numbers if needed, I just want some help or advice please.

Thanks
Without tracking information its difficult to say it has cleared customs fully as it may have cleared the outgoing customs, but not the incoming one. However items from China do seem to have some delays generally for the last 6 weeks or so, it may be caught up in that.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Briggsy96

Post by Briggsy96 »

Hi,

Thanks for the replies! I have attached tracking numbers for the packages below. I'm not sure what is happening. Normally with my stock coming from China they clear customs and then are shipped out within a couple of days, these ones are just not moving at all.

QP774704730GB (NEW QP7701040685GB)
QP7702102810GB
QP7703474361GB
QP7703476115GB
QP773820297GB (NEW QP7703472520GB)

Also, some of the packages have now got new tracking numbers which I have put in brackets next to the original ones!

Thanks
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I have checked a few of them and it appears as though they are in UK customs. I think the shipper scans them as "cleared customs" when they pass them to Customs. This then creates the "in transit" for Royal Mail.

Internally there were a few problems at HWDC (which they should pass through) last week when there were power issues, this may have caused a backlog both in Customs and Royal Mail. That along with Christmas and the general delays Chinese items seem to be experiencing lately I think its a case of hang tight. I don't think there are any issues that should concern you apart from a delay in receiving them.

When it does get into RMs system and starts tracking then you should get them fairly quickly.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Briggsy96

Post by Briggsy96 »

Thanks for checking!

I appreciate the information, I literally can not get through to RM customer services via telephone or Twitter, so it's very frustrating as I have customers messaging me daily regarding their orders etc!

I will hang tight for now but come the end of next week I'll probably have to start issuing refunds to customers which leaves me out of pocket and then just lodge a complaint I guess!

Thanks though, I do appreciate it!
Briggsy96

Post by Briggsy96 »

I’ve just checked on some of them on Parcelsapp and it’s now saying ‘customs cleared’ then ‘in transit’ any ideas?

It’s so confusing!
Briggsy96

Post by Briggsy96 »

So now I have 3 that I can track in RM network via the app but the messages are ‘sender despatching item’ then next message is a date and time and a blank message, any help or advice? I use Parcelsapp and it just says in transit.

QP778395469GB
QP778265185GB
QP778221600GB

Thanks
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Briggsy96 wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 13:18
So now I have 3 that I can track in RM network via the app but the messages are ‘sender despatching item’ then next message is a date and time and a blank message, any help or advice? I use Parcelsapp and it just says in transit.
As I mentioned above, many Chinese sellers send in bulk then split the container and post them in the UK. All the tracking numbers you quoted end GB, meaning they are being posted in the UK. The tracking information you describe above means that the seller has told Royal Mail to expect them to be posted, but they haven't actually ben posted yet.