ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Birth Certificate Delayed en route to Passport office

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Liesl Sue

Birth Certificate Delayed en route to Passport office

Post by Liesl Sue »

Please could someone help me. I paid for 1st class signed before 1pm for a birth certificate to get to the Passport Office in BOOTLE.
It hasn't been delivered yet and I am feeling a little sick with worry as it is a South African birth certificate which is very difficult to replace.
Is anyone able to help me. It has been tracked as received at Warrington but hasn't moved since then.

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Birth Certificate Delayed en route to Passport office

Post by SpacePhoenix »

What's the tracking number?

Places like the passport office will likely get their delivery direct from the local MC. They very likely receive 1,000s of items that need signing for so they'll sign for them in bulk. It can take a few days for the system to get updated with the confirmation of delivery scan
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Liesl Sue wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 13:40
I paid for 1st class signed before 1pm
This service doesn't exist, you have conflated 1st Class Signed For with Special Delivery by 1pm. Which service did you use? That will put the tracking information in context.
Liesl Sue

Post by Liesl Sue »

Sorry, I miss used the term - it was Special Delivery by 1pm. Thank you Space Phoenix. I am hoping that it has been delivered but just waiting for the scan to register.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

According to the News https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/s ... NewsSearch there are huge delays at the Passports offices at the moment, and sometimes this slows down the delivered scan being processed and showing up on tracking. It also slows down the Admin process at the Passports offices so they may register in their system immediately.

However, in about 99.9% of cases similar to yours, the delivery has taken place on time, just that because of the delays and the passport offices systems it takes time to show up.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Liesl Sue

Post by Liesl Sue »

So further to this, I had to send another document to the same office for a different application (my other daughter). It left on Monday and was delivered before 1 on Tuesday with a signature. Eek, this worries me even more as this one went through without any trouble but last week's one is still showing as undelivered. I'm hoping Friday's deliveries were just very busy so that is why it wasn't signed for.