ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcel stuck at Langley since 8th September

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Kadman88

Parcel stuck at Langley since 8th September

Post by Kadman88 »

Hi

I recently registered on this forum as I am having some issues with a delivery from a Russia. I purchased 3 items from a seller whom I have previously purchased from. In those instances the items arrived within 4-9 weeks so I have no concerns with regards to the seller.

Unfortunately, my latest purchases is nowhere to be seen or tracked after nearly 12 weeks. I have contacted the seller to chase up Russia post as my item appears to be stuck in LHR - transportation since the 8th September 2021. I have tried all avenues e.g. contacting Royal Mail (who were not remotely helpful as it had not yet been passed to them), checking this forum for any similar instances i.e general service issues etc but have ran out of ideas.

Can anyone assist - tracking ID is EL049140065RU.

Should I be filing a lost item with the seller or should I wait a few more weeks?

Thanks
Last edited by Kadman88 on 30 Nov 2021, 08:22, edited 1 time in total.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Help with parcel - should I be concerned?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Kadman88 wrote:
27 Nov 2021, 11:33
Hi

I recently registered on this forum as I am having some issues with a delivery from a Russia. I purchased 3 items from a seller whom I have previously purchased from. In those instances the items arrived within 4-9 weeks so I have no concerns with regards to the seller.

Unfortunately, my latest purchases is nowhere to be seen or tracked after nearly 12 weeks. I have contacted the seller to chase up Russia post as my item appears to be stuck in LHR - transportation since the 8th September 2021. I have tried all avenues e.g. contacting Royal Mail (who were not remotely helpful as it had not yet been passed to them), checking this forum for any similar instances i.e general service issues etc but have ran out of ideas.

Can anyone assist - tracking ID is EL049140065RU.

Should I be filing a lost item with the seller or should I wait a few more weeks?

Thanks
tracking puts me back to Parcelforce so I would contact them first, but in the end yes I would file a claim with the sender as that is who you have the contract with.

https://www.parcelforce.com/track-trace ... 49140065RU

Hopefully whatever you ordered isn't on the Phrobited or restricted list for the UK
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Kadman88 wrote:
I have tried all avenues e.g. contacting Royal Mail (who were not remotely helpful as it had not yet been passed to them)...
Apart from the fact that it looks like it might be Parcelforce, no, they haven't received it. Because it appears to be still in customs, which lies between the Russian & UK postal operators.
Kadman88 wrote:
I purchased 3 items from a seller whom I have previously purchased from. In those instances the items arrived within 4-9 weeks so I have no concerns with regards to the seller.
Were the previous purchases before or after the VAT rules changed a few months ago? Because the seller may now have extra work to do to ensure a smooth passage through customs.
Kadman88

Post by Kadman88 »

All of my items were bought after the changes and Brexit situation. I am struggling to find out just exactly what the situation is because the tracking stops on the 8th September 2021 and if I am correct, there is no process for contacting customs. I also haven't had a notification for vat etc.

Parcelforce can't help as it hasn't been handed over yet and my thoughts was that it is stuck in customs but why would it be stuck for 3 months. Its only Star Wars merch and the boxes are pretty large so it's not like it is stuck in a corner somewhere unseen or something that should be prohibited.

My thoughts were to give it maybe another 3 weeks and get the seller to claim as the items are worth a lot of money.