ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Incorrect scan on parcel

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Barbs92

Incorrect scan on parcel

Post by Barbs92 »

Hello,
My parcel from UK to Ireland has been incorrectly scanned. Tracking system says it was received to Ireland on 11/11 and attempted delivery on 15/11 (by the way the scan with the date 15/11 showed up with delay on 19/11) which is incorrect (I had no note left in my postbox) and customer service from AnPost told me they haven't received this shipment and isn't showing in their system so it's not in Ireland yet.
Can I get help on this

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Incorrect scan on parcel

Post by SpacePhoenix »

What's the tracking number and what's the contents?
Barbs92

Post by Barbs92 »

Tracking number RF047324239GB and it contains only few pencils, should be in small padded envelope I guess.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Barbs92 wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 12:05
Tracking number RF047324239GB and it contains only few pencils, should be in small padded envelope I guess.
Not sure if it might have fallen foul of customs rules, it depends how Irish customs interpret this:

https://www.royalmail.com/sending/inter ... es/ireland
A permit or certificate is required from the ROI Office of Public Works (National Parks and Wildlife Service).

Wood and articles of wood; wood charcoal
Coniferous wood

Coniferous woods originating in Canada, United States of America, Japan, China or Korea must be kiln- dried to below 20% moisture content. All other coniferous woods which does not comply with Directive 91/683/EEC, must either be completely devoid of bark or kiln-dried.
For further information contact the ROI Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry.

Printed books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry; manuscripts, typescripts and plans
Books and periodical publications.

Books and periodical publications which have been made the subject of Prohibitions Orders under the Censorship of Publications Acts 1929 to 1967 are prohibited to be imported except under licence
Barbs92

Post by Barbs92 »

I doubt it's the customs issue because the parcel isn't showing on AnPost tracking system while Royal Mail tracking says it's been received to Ireland.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Barbs92 wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 15:24
I doubt it's the customs issue because the parcel isn't showing on AnPost tracking system while Royal Mail tracking says it's been received to Ireland.
That’s exactly what it would say if stuck in Irish customs.
Barbs92

Post by Barbs92 »

I should have received payment notice if that was customs issue. My concern is that Royal Mail tracking system is showing attempted delivery while Irish AnPost tracking doesn't recognize number at all like it hasn't arrived yet.
yellowbelly

Post by yellowbelly »

Barbs92 wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 17:59
I should have received payment notice if that was customs issue. My concern is that Royal Mail tracking system is showing attempted delivery while Irish AnPost tracking doesn't recognize number at all like it hasn't arrived yet.
I think what the previous posters are saying is that Customs might be preventing it from being imported rather than there
being a customs charge due on the items.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Are there other delivery firms in Ireland, I ask this because I tried 2 independent tracking websites as well as Royal Mail and An Post, and AnPost is the only one that has no trace of the item.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Barbs92

Post by Barbs92 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 09:08
Are there other delivery firms in Ireland, I ask this because I tried 2 independent tracking websites as well as Royal Mail and An Post, and AnPost is the only one that has no trace of the item.
AnPost should be the only one handed post from Royal Mail.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Then to be frank I am confused as well.

This site says https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/RF047324239GB
Delivery Attempted - No Answer. Our delivery partner tried to deliver your parcel on 15-11-2021 but there didn't seem to be anyone in. They've left a note about how to make further arrangements
Tallaght, Ireland
if you are on Twitter try contacting @royalmailhelp they have access to more information than we can get through public sites.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."