ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is 5 months too long??

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Jamez

Is 5 months too long??

Post by Jamez »

I have ordered a parcel from a reliable seller in Russia in June. This was sent on the 28th June. According to the tracking info this left Russia on the 12th July and arrived in LHR the same day. Processing in UK on the 14th July. Then 1 month later it has been tracked in a random post office in Moscow on the 13th. The sender has checked in this post office and it apparently isn't there.

I have inquired with online chat on the parcel force website if they could help, but they say its not been logged on their system as it doesn't have a tracking number ending in GB.

Is there anywhere I can try over here?

Tracking no is EE023683529RU

Thanks for the assistance

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Is 5 months too long??

Post by SpacePhoenix »

My gut feeling is that for whatever reason it 's been refused entry by UK customs and returned to Russia. If there was no return address then that "random post office" might be the central location in Russia where they send any mail that's missing a return address
Jamez

Post by Jamez »

what the sender is telling me is that the tracking should show the parcel leaving UK, arriving in Moscow to export centre then transfer to the post office. This post office is supposed to be the location for lost parcels, these other tracking locations should be listed though.

Also would the item not get a GB tracking to go through customs?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

When items get handed over to customs they generally don't get scanned. Normally after a tracking entry for leaving the country that it originates from, the next scan will be when it arrives at HWDC
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/EE023683529RU

according to the tracking it never made it into the Royal Mails system, as Spacephoneix says it looks like it was rejected by customs
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
NickRMCustomer

Post by NickRMCustomer »

I agree, it looks like it was rejected by Customs and returned to the sender.