ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Another missing parcel

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
ecidarg

Another missing parcel

Post by ecidarg »

Over 5 weeks ago I posted a small package from Glasgow to Singapore using International Tracked and Signed service (RN741731879GB)

The package appears to have left the UK since 6th October

Wednesday 06 October 2021
14:24 Item Leaving the UK LONDON AMU
04:04 Item Leaving the UK LANGLEY HWDC
03:15 Item Received by Royal Mail LANGLEY HWDC
Monday 04 October 2021
18:57 Item Despatched to Heathrow Worldwide DC Glasgow MC
Saturday 02 October 2021
16:53 Sender preparing item
16:40 Accepted at Post Office West End Post Office [G12 8QX]

Tracking on the Singpost website, results in:
RN741731879GB Item status not found in the system.

Which suggests the package has not yet arrived in Singapore.

So... the package has been in transit for 5 weeks ?
Did it fall behind the sofa on the cargo plane :-/

I had sent another package from Glasgow to Singapore in May and that arrived in 10 days without a hitch.

Any help is appreciated.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Another missing parcel

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Is it a largish item as SIngpost have told Royal Mail:
https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... t-bulletin

Latest Update: 11 May 2021
End date: Ongoing
Incident: Coronavirus

Original Incident
We're accepting letters and parcels destined for Singapore, however, delays may be experienced as air connections have been severely limited. We're looking at alternative solutions to maintain service.

Latest Update
The restrictions introduced last year against COVID infection remain in place. Signatures are not collected upon delivery, items of letter box size mail will be posted through the letter box, and larger items which won't fit through a letterbox, will be delivered to parcel locker stations (POP stations), a post office or collection points for collection by the addressee. These measures will have an impact on quality of service for all mail types and delivery standards cannot be guaranteed until the situation returns to normal.
Its possible that it has made it, but not been scanned, and then delivered to one of their POP stations.

Its also possible that what ever is inside is on the Prohibited or Restricted list, but without being told whats inside I can't make an educated guess. See page below for full lists.

https://www.royalmail.com/sending/inter ... /singapore
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
ecidarg

Post by ecidarg »

Thanks for your reply.

Package is a padded envelope, can't remember the exact size, but it would probably be around 25x40 cm or at most one size up from that.

Don't think there was any prohibited items: a pair of training gloves, a tartan skirt and a pair of pewter earrings.

While the package may have been delivered to a POP station, its track and trace system has no record of it. And also, it was sent through tracked & signed service, so should be delivered to an address not a POP box.
ecidarg

Post by ecidarg »

It's now two months that my parcel has been 'leaving the UK' from Langley, London AMU.

I guess it's safe to say that RM has 'lost' the parcel, or should I hold out any hope that it will eventually surface ?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

ecidarg wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 10:49
It's now two months that my parcel has been 'leaving the UK' from Langley, London AMU.

I guess it's safe to say that RM has 'lost' the parcel, or should I hold out any hope that it will eventually surface ?
Earlier in the year, some items were taking up to 3 months to get through customs to the UK, but I think this one does appear lost, I would make a claim with Royal Mail as they are legally responsible, but I think it's a customs issue.
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
ecidarg

Post by ecidarg »

I have already submitted a claim and was told that it would take 90 days (I think) to investigate.....

If it is indeed a customs issue, why has the package not been returned (return address provided) or anyone been in contact (phone numbers provided) ?

And is there any way I can find out if the package is being held at customs and why ?
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

ecidarg wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 11:57
If it is indeed a customs issue, why has the package not been returned (return address provided) or anyone been in contact (phone numbers provided) ?
I don't know about Singaporean customs, but UK customs don't do that. What exactly would they gain from doing that? It's either a pass (let it through) or fail (destroy), and the question of how much tax to charge (if applicable). If information was required then they will need it in writing, but it should be present on the customs documentation in that case.
ecidarg wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 11:57
And is there any way I can find out if the package is being held at customs and why ?
Again, wouldn't know specifically about Singaporean customs, but most countries do not have any means to contact customs.
ecidarg

Post by ecidarg »

Delighted to report that the parcel finally arrived in Singapore on 19th December - think it may have gone land route rather than air :-) - and delivered on 21st.

So it morphed from a birthday present into a Christmas present !
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

ecidarg wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 10:15
Delighted to report that the parcel finally arrived in Singapore on 19th December - think it may have gone land route rather than air :-) - and delivered on 21st.

So it morphed from a birthday present into a Christmas present !
Thanks for the update and Happy Birthday or Merry Christmas :Very Happy