ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Missing Parcel

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Royal Mail Fan

Missing Parcel

Post by Royal Mail Fan »

I sent a low value item on from London to Warwick on 5 October. It is shown as delivered and collected from Mount Pleasant on 15 October but the recipient in Warwick has not received it.

I have submitted a claim online which will get the money back if it is not found.

Is there a system whereby someone can be asked to look for it or does Royal Mail just 'pay out' on low value items as it is more cost effective.

The item is of sentimental value.

Thanks.

Jobina

Re: Missing Parcel

Post by Jobina »

It’s very very disappointing to see that RM doesn’t practise what they preach. How can you tell a customer you don’t know where their parcel is just because it wasn’t attached service. Does it mean the mails move on their own? Whether tracked or untracked, guaranteed, special delivery, 1st or 2nd class all mail should be treated as equal because not everyone can afford some services. First of all the post office confirmed RM recycle tracking numbers now i see the reason why customers parcel gets missing without a trace. How can you use same tracking number for 2 different parcels going to two diff destination. RM is quick to ask you to make a claim especially when the parcel is 1st or 2nd class signed for. They are just so lazy they don’t want to carry out thorough search. First they told me my parcel is going to Gloucester wherever that is 😒😒 and then they said I should worry about the delay that it would go to the right address when it’s scanned the second time till date as I speak the system hasn’t updated any attempted delivery. Instead they are asking me to claim and am not ready to do that as I need my parcel returned or delivered. I didn’t add a return address because I was 100% sure it would get to the recipient. National Return center I learnt is the last location parcels ends before it is destroyed even with proof of my parcel they are still telling me I should make a claim what a very unreliable and unreasonable suggestion first even without doing thorough checks.

Now my question is do these mails fly on their own? I believe a group of people draw these route the drivers pass through, there are people who handles untracked mails, there are people who move them from place to place ? Many many questions I have to ask. But please and please my parcel must be returned or delivered.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

the reason Royal Mail tell you to make a claim is so that it enters a database as a missing one and if it turns up they can send it on to you or the intended destination. I recommend putting in a claim.

There are many reasons why parcels don't make it to the recipient. Very very few are because of illicit behaviour.

There was an RM crash on the M5 over the weekend and the police are investigating it. All parcels on that wagon will be delayed, and indeed some may be damaged and the address made unreadable.

In other cases, the address label may have come astray, a sticker from another parcel may have obscured the address, a leaking parcel may damage other parcels in the same container. There are many many more reasons why a parcel can't be delivered the above are just a sampling.

Royal Mail does their best to make sure every parcel is delivered, however with 30,000,000 items in the system at any one time just by the law of averages it's inevitable that some parcels will have issues that mean they can't be delivered or scanned from that point.

Again I recommend putting in a claim it will increase the chances of your parcel being located.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Jobina

Post by Jobina »

And so if I make a claim and the parcel is not found then what happens? Then it’s on record that I have made a claim and been compensated. Like a customer pointed out here RM quickly ask you to make a claim because it’s the cheapest way of get rid of customers and their complain especially when it’s 1st and 2nd class. To let RM know how important this is I requested to visit the mailing and sorting centres between Chelmsford, boreham and Romford and they said they are not sure the parcel is there so where is it? I have enough proof of how my parcel looks should it be sent to the National Return Center I do not mind going to Belfast just to claim my parcel back. The postal review panel are claiming they are investigating meanwhile I called the customer care and the agent said PRP won’t be able to do anything that after 30day they will just return and say they couldn’t locate my parcel.The bureaucracy surround RM is quite alarming. I will do everything humanly possible to get my parcel and I have made plans to visit this various sites that one of the RM drivers told me to go check.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

If Royal Mail let you in to the mail centres then it would be a breech of their licence.

It isn't physically possible to search a mail centre for an item. Mount Pleasant, for instance, has an area about the size of a football pitch and has several million items of post in there at any one time. You would have to stop the whole operation for several days to do a proper search.
Jobina

Post by Jobina »

So now that the parcel is no where to be found or can’t be tracked you expect me to just walk away and accept the losses without a single effort been made?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

What's the tracking number?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Jobina wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 22:42
So now that the parcel is no where to be found or can’t be tracked you expect me to just walk away and accept the losses without a single effort been made?
No, we expect nothing, we are an unofficial site. We can only offer insights and advice and that's what's been posted.

If you dislike our responses, or you want an official response, then I can only advise you, as before, to go through official channels.
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Jobina

Post by Jobina »

Tracking number

WD300916841GB
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

You've used "Royal Mail Signed For" is isn't tracked. Anything sent using "Royal Mail Signed For" only gets scanned when accepted at a Post Office and when delivery is attempted
Jobina

Post by Jobina »

So because it’s not tracked no one can tell? And if you say when delivery attempt has been made how come after one month no delivery attempt has been updated on the site? Are you saying the mail was not moved around by someone? And also if it’s not tracked does it mean all untracked parcels gets missing and the owners should accept their fate?It is rather an unfortunate excuse fromRM.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Jobina wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 23:01
So because it’s not tracked no one can tell? And if you say when delivery attempt has been made how come after one month no delivery attempt has been updated on the site? Are you saying the mail was not moved around by someone? And also if it’s not tracked does it mean all untracked parcels gets missing and the owners should accept their fate?It is rather an unfortunate excuse fromRM.
We cant give you an official response which is what you appear to want.

Repeated for clarity.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
11 Nov 2021, 08:55

We are an unofficial site. We can only offer insights and advice and that's what's been posted.

If you dislike our responses, or you want an official response, then I can only advise you, as before, to go through official channels.