ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Anyone else got parcels stuck at HWDC?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
C2019

Anyone else got parcels stuck at HWDC?

Post by C2019 »

I’ve sent tonnes of things up to the 13th of this month and all of them have arrived faster than ever. Mainly to the USA and on most tracking info it’s said they are leaving the UK then the next day it’s telling me it’s landed in the US. The longest anything has took was 6 days. Since the 13th of this month however I’ve posted around 30 things and every single parcel I have sent is just stuck on “item leaving the UK” which means that parcels I’ve sent on the 13th have been stuck on that status for 14 days and counting. Not one of my parcels after the 13th has arrived in the other country and they are all on exactly the same status. Could there be an issue with the things I’ve sent? I’d imagine it would say it’s been refused entry to the other country and returned to me if there was an issue but I’ve not sent anything prohibited as it’s things I send on a near daily basis and as I say, before the 13th they were flying out. All the parcels that are stuck on this status are going to the US
Anyone else having these issues?

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Anyone else got parcels stuck at HWDC?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

The USPS is having "issues" at the moment. They have publically declared that items will cost more and take longer to deliver, so your items may be clogged in any backlog this has caused.https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... rices-faq/
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
C2019

Post by C2019 »

Thanks for replying , the thing is they haven’t even arrived in the US yet, not that I’m aware of, unless they are there now and just haven’t been scanned due to potential backlogs as you say….
Elduro

Post by Elduro »

Hi
I have a package with tracking sent from Gibraltar sitting at LANGLEY HWDC,
The item was sent on the 14 Oct 21 and arrived at LANGLEY HWDC on Wed 20 Oct 21 and still there as of today 26 Oct 21 , this contains documents.
I sent a similar correspondence also from Gibraltar on the 20 Oct 21 to the same recipient and it has already arrived on the 22 Oct 21 (2days)
As said, this contains documents needed to finish legal process,
Any information or advice will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Sender
Last edited by Elduro on 01 Nov 2021, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

See the link in the box above
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Master Genealogist

Post by Master Genealogist »

Is there any reasons why DNA test examples, which are on they way to the labs in the USA, to be tested are being delayed at LANGLEY HWDC? Arrived at LANGLEY HWDC on 20th October, still there on 3rd November.
Jimbojim

Post by Jimbojim »

I have personally had a shipment stuck in HWDC since the 8th of October, tracking number LT907687478NL. Should I write this off and make a claim or continue to be patient? Thank you in advance for any responses.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Check out this tracking something strange is going on https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/LT907687478NL

I have never heard of CAINIAO but clicking on the link its an AliExpress company based in China. We have been having issues for items indirectly coming from China. My personal advice would be to get in touch with the sender and they should make a claim with POSTNL.

I don't think Royal Mail have actually handled it yet, all their tracking is automatic ones generated from the other companies.
PlentyKnee6

Post by PlentyKnee6 »

Similar story with a recent Aliexpress package (~£30 consumer electronics, CAINIAO/PostNL) https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/LT892598522NL

Held in NL for 11 days, then in UK since 18/08

Local PO refer me to the tracking link. Seller refused my dispute with claims its out of their control and I'm unable to provide any evidence that it's being held by customs.

Edit: Tracking still showing a HWDC black hole. On appeal Aliexpress have terminated my account for abuse. Not sure what the lesson is - Guess sometimes you're just unlucky.
Last edited by PlentyKnee6 on 09 Nov 2021, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.
bayleyha

Post by bayleyha »

I've sent a parcel to China which has been at Langley since 24th October 2021. It doesn't have anything that would contravene customs - a shire, a book, a money belt and face mask. Its a birthday present. Any ideas why it is still at Langley 2 weeks later? I've sent parcels before and they usually get stuck there a week but this is much longer. Thanks for any replies!
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

I assue that "shire" is meant to be shirt. The book might be causing problems:
Printed matter, films, photographs, gramophone records, cinematographic films, loaded recording tapes and videotapes, compact discs (video and audio), storage medium for the computer and other articles which are detrimental to the political, economic, cultural and moral interests of the People's Republic of China
https://www.royalmail.com/sending/inter ... ides/china
NickRMCustomer

Post by NickRMCustomer »

Can I ask if anyone knows what the appearance of CAINIAO is about?

I am awaiting an item sent via PostNL. I know it was posted in the Netherlands, and is showing as having left Den Haag IMEC for the UK, but the tracking does show PostNL, CAINIAO and ParcelForce. I cannot see any reason why CAINIAO would be involved in sending a birthday gift to the UK from the Netherlands?

Have PostNL outsourced their tracking services to CAINIAO? Strange one!
(PostNL used to send direct to Royal Mail, it seemed to be a pretty slick operation then).
myshela3

Post by myshela3 »

The main hub that redistributes parcels in Europe is in fact in the Netherlands, the issue here is that the guys at customs are not able to differentiate a parcel coming from Europe from a parcel going through Europe to be delivered.

The issue here is that UK still belongs to the European continent, and so it will keep using the hub at the Netherlands because is the closest and only one.

So we are basically fv#ked because of Brexit. Now there wont be international post working properly.
ecidarg

Post by ecidarg »

I have a parcel bound for Singapore that has been stuck in London AMU since 6th October.

45 days have passed since it was sent.

I have to imagine it's 'lost', because even the most strict of customs inspections should not take that long......
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

What's the tracking number and what's the contents?