ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RM 24 - access issues

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
MarkN88

RM 24 - access issues

Post by MarkN88 »

I was expecting a parcel this morning but it’s been updated to say attempted to deliver but we’re access issues.

The normal post guy has been alright.

The buzzer is switched on to my flat and it hasn’t rang.

There is works been done in the street but cars are still able to get through and are doing so right now so can’t see if been a road issue.

Someone said they often put access issues and attempted if they haven’t had anyone to deliver that particular day but that sounds weird.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: RM 24 - access issues

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Access issues can mean many things, however, when this scan is recorded, delivery should be reattempted the next working day. If the same happens again then you will need to complain through an official channel.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
MarkN88

Post by MarkN88 »

Yes it says pending and will be attempted next working day. Should that update again today to say they will be delivering today or just stay on pending? As it hasn’t updated anything today.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

MarkN88 wrote:
27 Oct 2021, 09:24
Yes it says pending and will be attempted next working day. Should that update again today to say they will be delivering today or just stay on pending? As it hasn’t updated anything today.
yes it should update today with the "ready for Delivery" scan. Its possible that they may be scanning them late, but I would have expected a scan by now. Still there is a chance that it will be attempted today.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
MarkN88

Post by MarkN88 »

It’s just really important because it’s a covid test.

My GP told me to get a proper test even though my home tests have been negative as he said they are not as accurate.

However I’m visually impaired and now that I have symptoms my usual care and support won’t take me out so my only option is to get a proper test sent to my home. They have sent it by RM.

So if there are continued issues I’m going to struggle to even get a test done.

Fingers crossed it comes today.