ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

International 'signed for' delivery to Australia

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
petrakopp

International 'signed for' delivery to Australia

Post by petrakopp »

Hi All

I had to send a new passport to my daughter in Australia. I posted it on 11 October, using the 'International Signed For Service'. I was told it would arrive in 5 working days, It arrived at Langley on 12 October, the last tracking information is "Item Leaving the UK" on that day.

When I asked in my local post office yesterday (2 weeks after posting), they told me that deliveries aren't tracked beyond the UK so there's no way of knowing where it has got to. Surely if it's a tracked service it should be trackable??

Does anyone know whether this kind of delay is still normal? And is there anything I can do?? Obviously, as it's her passport, I'm desperate to track it down and get it to her.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Petra

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: International 'signed for' delivery to Australia

Post by SpacePhoenix »

For stuff going abroad, only "International Tracked" and "International Tracked & Signed" are trackable once they leave the UK. For "International Signed" it gets tracked within the UK and then once it reaches the destination country the next tracking event is when the local postal service attempt delivery
petrakopp

Post by petrakopp »

Thanks for the information SpacePhoenix.

I wish I'd known there were better services - or that I'd been told when I went to the post office!

Is there any way to get further information as to the item's whereabouts? As I mentioned, it's my daughter's passport - so rather vital to try and find it!

Petra
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

if Auspost scan it then it will show up on their system. https://auspost.com.au/mypost/track/#/search

Though there is an unofficial international tracking site that seems to work better than some national ones https://parcelsapp.com/en/
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
petrakopp

Post by petrakopp »

Thank you very much, TrueBlueTerrier.

I tried AusPost yesterday and again just now - says 'Item not trackable', which I guess means it hasn't got into their system.

Thanks for the other site too! That has last entry 12 October, LANGLEY HWDC; "Your item has left the UK and is now on its way to the destination country" That's a long time to be in transit :-(

Interesting that the site gives a forecast:

Estimated date of arrival at the post office
01 Nov 2021 - 08 Nov 2021, 5 - 12 days remaining
The forecast is not 100% certain, and is based on 43 packages delivered in the last 60 days

So fingers crossed the passport isn't lost. Imagine the complications of having to get a new passport at the embassy in Aus....! :cry :cry :cry
C2019

Post by C2019 »

I’ve sent a few hundred things to Australia and they get there eventually but takes time, you can either send it international tracked or international signed. I always send mine as tracked because when it’s signed for it basically just lands in Australia and then you’ll get a notification of when it arrives to the customer along with signature. With tracked I've always had a notification on the tracking info to say it’s landed in Australia and is on its way to the destination. The quickest time to AUS was 13 days and the longest was about 5 weeks
petrakopp

Post by petrakopp »

Thank you C2019 - that's very reassuring!! If only I'd known about international tracked - I would definitely have gone for that.
Fingers crossed that it'll get there soon!
petrakopp

Post by petrakopp »

It's arrived - phew! Thank you all for your responses.
Petra
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

:nana :nana :thumbup :thumbup

and thankyou for the update.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."